Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've got a cargo rack/backrest you are wanting to part with, let me know.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you are looking for a Honda OEM rack, I imagine the used or secondary market for this is going to be nonexistent. Anyone who has bought one has probably installed it on the bike. So, the only likely option is retail. The cheapest I was able to get mine was through Honda of Troy. They have a listing on eBay here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUIN...rentrq:71f5e5401750ac3ea4e44d19fffe0bae|iid:3

I called Honda of Troy to get mine and asked the parts guy for a deal. After he put me on hold for a while, he finally came back and said they'd knock a few bucks off the rack, but would increase the shipping. That way they still make their money but you don't pay as much tax, and end up saving a few bucks. Took them a few days to get it in the shipper's hands, but otherwise I was pleased with how the transaction went down. You might check with your local Honda dealer and see if they'll match the Troy dealership's price, and that way you could save shipping. Troy's eBay price is $298.99 plus $11.90 Shipping, or $311 plus tax. I ended up paying $301 in total once we had negotiated.

Let us know what you end up doing. I'm quite interested to hear your experience. Also, if your bags are already on, you'd think installing the rack would be easy. It is not. Once you pull the bolts on the bag mounts out, it's next to impossible to get them back in with the rack hardware in the mix. Watch Q's experience here:

He had FITS getting his on, and after wrenching for hours on my own, I finally resorted to paying Honda to install it. Good luck! And if you do it yourself, you do not need to use the spacers supplied with the rack. The ones on the saddlebags do the job. You'll have some extra bolts, too. And if you want the PDF's of the installation instructions for either the bags or the rack, I'd be happy to email them to you.

Richmonder

Reactions: Sixshooter

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply. The prices for the cargo rack are obscene. The bags and mounts are overpriced too. While I had LeatherWorks bags on my ‘02 Valkyrie, I don’t see any bags on my ‘14 Valkyrie. I used to be a long distance backpacker so I know how to pack light and can probably get by with stuff strapped to the sissy bar. That being said, being 70, I now have to pack around a CPAP machine which complicates packing light.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Z1Auto that is battery operated, small for road trips. It was way overpriced at the time I purchased it in 2015. My home CPAP is a Resmed and it’s far superior to the Z1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts