Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's wrong with my 2001 1500 Valkyrie ? It starts and idles for several seconds but won't rev up at first I thought the fuel lines were clogged up but it seems to be taking the gas through the line as I watch it flow when it idles also seems to rev up if I piss gas in the air intakes any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
Carbs.. carb cleaner, that whole dance. seafoam in the fuel, etc. it will idle, you are getting fuel, air and spark. just not enough. airfilter(s) might need replacing? air intake butterflies might be stuck. time to clean the carbs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
HA! Completely missed that it was a 2001! So it has carbs.. and all the associated parts for them.

I hope you find the problem and can get back to riding!.

·
Registered
547 Posts
HA! Completely missed that it was a 2001! So it has carbs.. and all the associated parts for them. I hope you find the problem and can get back to riding!.
upside of old carb bikes is they can be fixed fairly easily and are fun to work on. I guess old guys felt the same way about riding their horse, before they had to give them up for these new fangled contraptions that make a lot of noise and smoke.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
227 Posts
HA! Completely missed that it was a 2001! So it has carbs.. and all the associated parts for them.

I hope you find the problem and can get back to riding!.
And those old Valks have 6 carbs for your pleasure!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts