Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just get my F6C last week. It is still winter here thus I need to store my motorcycle in my garage. I need to lift the motorcycle so that I will not damage the tire. I noticed there was no flat frame on underneath thus I lift it on the engine frame to lift my bike. It is stable but I am worried if it will cause some damage. Please advice. Thanks.

Where is the correct lift points for the said motorcycle. Note: I am using a motorcycle/ATV lift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here’s some update:
I take out the highway peg on the engine crash frame and attached a fixed stand, both left and right. Also attached a fixed stand in the center stand frame.

by
the way, what is the best center stand for 2015 honda valkyrie?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Any center stand from a Goldwing will fit your Valkyire.
You can find used ones on EBay or a Trike shop.
Try to ge the hardware with it,

·
Registered
243 Posts
JackB, does it matter what year of Gold Wing? And if one purchases the center stand, does the exhaust panel have to be modified? I know when I got one for my CTX, it came with a replacement exhaust panel that had a cutout in it for the stand when it was up.

Richmonder

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm pretty sure that NOT every Goldwing center stand will work. I suspect that:
1) any F6B center stand will work and
2) no current model Goldwing center stand will work.

Here are the parts numbers, as far as I can determine.

There have some conflicting reports of center stands and belly pans working/not working together on the 1800 Valkyrie. But since the belly pan was developed to work on the NON-Valkyrie Goldwings (which have center stands) it's possible the pan and stand are compatible with our 1800 Valkyrie. I don't know.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes a part is available to allow stand to sit in it's recess. I opted to change both sides to black from the F6B as I later had stock exhaust ceramic coated black also ...... MUCH BETTER ! I'll add the center stand has limited usefulness as it barely lifts the bike off the ground. Good for checking, changing oil & maybe cleaning wheels. Anything beyond that I roll out the lift ............. 😉

As long as it's(center stand) from the 1800 series ( not latest) wing it should work.

·
Registered
417 Posts
JackB, does it matter what year of Gold Wing? And if one purchases the center stand, does the exhaust panel have to be modified? I know when I got one for my CTX, it came with a replacement exhaust panel that had a cutout in it for the stand when it was up.

Richmonder
I'm pretty sure that NOT every Goldwing center stand will work. I suspect that:
1) any F6B center stand will work and
2) no current model Goldwing center stand will work.

Here are the parts numbers, as far as I can determine.

There have some conflicting reports of center stands and belly pans working/not working together on the 1800 Valkyrie. But since the belly pan was developed to work on the NON-Valkyrie Goldwings (which have center stands) it's possible the pan and stand are compatible with our 1800 Valkyrie. I don't know.
I have a belly pan under my Valkyire and a center stand so yes they work together.
Yes you will need the exhaust cover off of a Goldwing
A center stand from 2003-2017 should work, (Goldwing and F6’s are the same) The stand does not lift the bike up very much, if you put some wood under it that would help. The Valk goes up on the stand a lot easier than my F6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts