Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking a windshield options for 3+ weeks.
The Honda choices were not very appealing.
All of the aftermarket choices have ? marks since they are not Valk specific. Each of them seem to require a bit of modification to fit our scoots. With this in mind I've opted to try the National Cycle Deflector DX. The handle bar mount hardware looks to be adaptable to the Valk and has easily adjustable rake positions. Height and width is about what I was looking for.
Not sure if this this screen will be the "one" that is best, but will give it a try to see if it can be functional.
I'll post results once installation is complete and test rides are done.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i did not need to modifie any thing for this sheld just put it on and go very easy a grate wind pertiction.and less money thin any other ive seen.

Thats great to hear it bolted right now but in the same vein it's sad to hear it just bolted right on because man that thing is ugly. Some people do prefer function over form but wow it's not good looking in the least.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have the same one and I'm taking it to my buddy at the paint shop. We are going to do a dark blue to light tint fad. let you know how it looks.
Also used it when it was about 40 out worked a lot better at keeping warm.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a few pic's of the mounted windshield.
I mounted it high so the headlight cut out wraps around the instrument housing.
No interference with cables or handle bar wiring.
Hardware is good, very sturdy and great wind protection 60-80 mph.
No helmet buffeting, nice air flow around arms and shoulders.

Attachments

Reactions: Pilot

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Purchased from Ebay, $ 130.00.
National Cycle Deflector DX shield (tint version) w/all mount hdw.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's very easy.
Two different sets of adjustable connections. One set on the windshield another on the handle bar mounts. Lot's of position options.

·
Registered
66 Posts
PhantomX, that's just mean! Dude, we're supposed be an F6C group. Don't like, don't comment!
Sorry just call it like I see it, not meant to hurt anyone's feelings. We have been chatting in thread after thread about how ugly the stock tall is, that one isn't any better in the looks department. But hey some prefer function over form that's totally Ok. The setup I have right now isn't exactly good looking either, I'll admit I'm ok with it for now till I figure something better out.

No hard feelings... I love all of you...

I like that option a bit better but the shape I wish was a bit wider and flatter because the bikes so wide. Could be an option though for sure and at $130 that's really a not bad to test it out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh that looks like loads of fun!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys,
The Deflector DX is a little on the small side but overall it mounts easy and does what I wanted, which is to eliminate the helmet buffeting. Having some adequate air flow on the side is no problem, especially when the temps start to climb.
It realy doesn't look out of place on the bike. The curvature sort of blends in with bikes profile.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts