Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added Honda Wind Deflectors part #
08F72-MJR-670

That mount at the back of the Radiators?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was curious about that myself, I guess part of the problem will be for those that mounted or want to mount switches on the panels these lock into.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've never ridden a Valkyrie with one but I have ridden a Goldwing with them. I didn't really pay much attention but I also don't remember feeling hardly any wind (the bike belonged to a customer who was approximately 6'5" tall, so it had the tallest windshield I've ever seen on a Goldwing).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deflectors

I bought the Deflectors off E Bay. One of the sellers was marking them down every week so when he got to $110.00 I offered $100.00 w/ free shipping, sold. Have not put them on yet. First I'll run it with just the Windshield then I'll add them to see the difference. Might be a couple of weeks, waiting for the Weather to break here in the Northeast. In the meantime the wife's got me remodeling the basement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm starting to think I want these things... I've got the windscreen situation handled with a Gustafsson and MRA, but I'm getting a lot of windblast alongside the tank sides and up my torso.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have these on the bike. Unfortunately I haven't ridden without them to know how well they work. I'm willing to remove them and report back by the end of the week. Can I ask how you solved the windshield? mine is the Honda tall screen and if I cut it, I will have to cut at least 6" off.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey PAVALKER, I removed them and did about 100 miles tonight on the interstate. I noticed from my knees to my hips that my pants were blowing in the wind. Going to put them back on and see if they help. Should report back in a day or two

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey PAVALKER, I removed them and did about 100 miles tonight on the interstate. I noticed from my knees to my hips that my pants were blowing in the wind. Going to put them back on and see if they help. Should report back in a day or two

I find the existing setup sufficient for that, even with highway pegs. I was more interested in what it might do for wind coming up and over those intakes into the rider. I also have a Super Valk IS with Baker Air Wings (best thing that could have happened with that bike) that provide options for blocking rain/wind or even getting and redirecting wind for a hot day. I was looking for a little more wind management for the new one. Guess I will just have to keep my Super Valk for that..... :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just got back from a ride with the deflectors back on. They do help a little bit but not enough to justify installing them IMO. Tomorrow they come off and get put away. They just didn't do enough to justify having them on.

·
Registered
269 Posts
On the new valk, I find that the radiators and pods keep most of the wind off my legs, and actually wish, at times, they didn't protect quite so well. There's a reason GA summers have been compared to **** by a few famous people.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got back from a ride with the deflectors back on. They do help a little bit but not enough to justify installing them IMO. Tomorrow they come off and get put away. They just didn't do enough to justify having them on.
So.... do you not want them anymore? :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
They aren't that expensive. A fair price for a used set, PayPal fees and postage makes them cheap to hold on to. I'm gonna keep them. :). Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hate to come back to this post and eat crow but I have to. The weather here in SC has turned to fall. I was out riding a few nights ago and it was in the 50's. my upper thighs really felt the wind. I decided to put the deflectors back on and give them another chance. They do actually calm whe wind around my legs. On a second night ride I was much more comfortable. Looks like they will come off for summer riding because it gets so hot here. But, in the fall and spring they will go back on. They do serve a purpose.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm glad you came back to follow up on your post. I was thinking about these deflectors more and more ever since fall hit and temps dropped. I find myself riding later in the season than I normally do because the bike is so much better than my previous bike. The tops of my thighs get so cold riding in the 30's and 40's I think these will help a lot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Those wind deflectors are a nice addition and do deflect wind and rain away from the driver and especially the passenger. Another method to get rid of the wind is to lower the windshield closer to the headlight nacelle and faring within 1/4 inch. You will need to cut, grind and shape the shield lower portion for this. To do this use masking tape on the bottom portion of the windshield then mark the cutline and remove that material (saber saw), tape will protect the shield from scratches. Next use a sander or file to soothe out the cut line, keep masking tape on until all work is done. Now you will need to drill holes in wind shield to accommodate new lower shield position. Drill small hole first then drill same size hole as original hole size.When cutting the plexiglass keep the saw moving slowly so it does not build heat and cause sticking. When all cutting and drilling are done relieve all sharp edges and debur drilled holes on the wind shield. You will enjoy a big improvement with these mods. HH F6C 2014

1 - 17 of 17 Posts