Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Well The wind is from here and until you deflect it, you will get the buffeting. I'm okay with the valk design but wish they(Honda) would have considered fixing this.

You will need to come up with a design that will work for us all. Make it a cheap and easy installation. :D Be sure to post pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
I thought about your fairing but did you have to remove the cover over radiator so you could steer right and left?
no. I put those covers back on. it broke my heart, but I had to raise the fairing and cut it so that it doesn't conflict when full turning. a couple of 2inch notches, each side. but it works like a fairing should, big pocket of calm quiet air behind. right where you sit.

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
No windshield has no buffeting. Never saw the need personally, they belong on cars. Fairings look like ass.
yes they do. just like your helmet, boots, gloves, eye protection and all that other gear you wear to save your ass. long distance riding. fatigue will wear your ass out. all the time in the slip stream and you can easily become dehydrated. you mite readily get behind the decision curve while piloting your cruise missile. one wrong decision, movement, slow to respond, no movement can cost you your ass. So in the big scheme of things were your ass is on the line , these ass looking pieces of assware might just save your ass. or not?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hundreds of thousands of miles on bikes, never a windshield.....no need. Are you afraid of wind?
wind, not so much. rain, bugs. rocks. bees in the helmet. are just a few of my not favorite things. a few hundred k,, your just getting broken in. I have ben hit by more fking birds and other flying debris.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just another facet of riding - even when we all love the same bike we deck it out differently from each other and have different preferences on riding.

I hate having a tail bag on mine, but without it I can't commute to work, which would severely cut into my saddle time.
At least until the invent a laptop that folds up to fit into my pocket =)

I'd much rather not have fairing or shield (neither yet, but both planned) - I love the wind.
Just not so much on an hour and a half commute (each way) on the highway every day, then it gets to be a bit tiresome (literally).
Also late in the season when its in the 30s and 40s, I'm looking forward to not being as cold (and/or not having to wear as many layers).

*sigh* we all have to do what we have to do to make the ride our own and to make it suit us (style, riding preferences, etc)

My wife's Sport Glide saddle bags and mini-fairing all remove in seconds without tools, I am super impressed with that design! Wish I could do that as well, just using that gear when I need it...

·
Registered
547 Posts
My wife's Sport Glide saddle bags and mini-fairing all remove in seconds without tools, I am super impressed with that design! Wish I could do that as well, just using that gear when I need it...
Memphis shades batwing fairings with trigger locks pop off in under 10 seconds. that is if you are slow. you can ride as nekid as your local community will allow.. or not?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Getting a lot of wind buffeting from airflow comming from under the windshield. This is windshield I installed with two sets of universal mounts but need some sort of lower deflectors pto direct air from comming under it. Anybody have any ideas?
I installed a National Cycle windshield. Mounted it about 5 different ways to find a position that eliminated the buffeting.
I just got back from a 2500mi trip traveling at high and low speeds and it was all good.
Here is how I mounted mine. Pretty sure you can try it the same way.
My screen is at more of an angle and I actually ended up leaving a larger space between the shield and the instruments and headlight cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
That may be just what I need. I cut my shield so it is close to headlight. I'll try tilting it back and up. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
167 Posts
no. I put those covers back on. it broke my heart, but I had to raise the fairing and cut it so that it doesn't conflict when full turning. a couple of 2inch notches, each side. but it works like a fairing should, big pocket of calm quiet air behind. right where you sit.
Please,when time permits post a picture of the cuts made to fairing & also what headlight and how you installed it . I see a future winter project in my future ......:)

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Sorry ponch! I really like the fairing since had one like it on last bike I wrecked but... I ain't buying your "big pocket... air" description. That flow coming up by the forks is still obvious from your pic.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts