Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I’m a long-standing member of Honda motorcycles (XR100-XR400-CBR600RR-CBR1000RR-VTX1800s) but I’m new to the Valkyrie! I’ve seen lots of posts about the seats, saddle bags, highway pegs, windscreens etc. I like the look of the Corbin saddle and Fleetliner bags but want to start a smaller since both appear to be near $3k. Already have the Ergo 3 highway pegs, short exhaust, and sissy bar. What would you recommend to get next? Does anyone have a stereo installed? I’ve been looking at the Wanderbar and Boss bluetooth systems. What else should I know about the Valkyrie!?

Thanks!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Perhaps another priority is electric power to the handbars for nav device, phone or whatever devices you might use. Seems like most flexible method is a Battery Tender cable with an SAE to SAE extension cable, and then to a USB/car lighter/voltmeter unit. Also allows you to quickly unplug that last box and instead plug in the Battery Tender charger right a the handlebar. Caution - it is always ON with this method, rather than turned off when with the key is removed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome aboard.

I don’t listen to music while riding but if I did it would be with my iPhone and helmet comm via Bluetooth and the Bose helmet speakers.
Thanks for the recommendation! I’ve used headphones with a full face helmet before but when it gets too hot sometimes I’ll leave the lid behind. Bose helmet speakers might be better than headphones though. I’ll look into it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps another priority is electric power to the handbars for nav device, phone or whatever devices you might use. Seems like most flexible method is a Battery Tender cable with an SAE to SAE extension cable, and then to a USB/car lighter/voltmeter unit. Also allows you to quickly unplug that last box and instead plug in the Battery Tender charger right a the handlebar. Caution - it is always ON with this method, rather than turned off when with the key is removed.
Great recommendation! I’ve had battery tender he’s on my previous bikes. Used it mostly to extend the battery while being stored (especially over the long winters). Having a USB port on/near the handlebars would be nice. What iPhone holder/charger would you recommend? I have the 11 ProMax. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I have a Sena helmet with bluetooth. (Actually got it for the built in camera, which I now never use). One thing to consider with the Sena and other helmets is it's intercom capability. I think it can communicate with something like eight other riders. I ride solo, so I don't have any feedback on that feature. The sound in the helmet is very good. It has noise cancelling too. I can pretty much ride all day with music. One thing I didn't like about it was that it uses the mini-USB. I fixed that with a mini-USB to USB-C converter plug. You can also make and answer calls in the helmet too.

I went through the wonder of what can I do to the bike next too. I thought about heated seats, heated bars, bigger windshield, sissy bar, luggage racks, etc. Then I start thinking if I were to get all that stuff why not just a new Gold Wing. They come standard with all that.

I changed out the pegs with floorboards and added a USB plug (that can also be used with Battery Tender). I bought it with the bags on it. I ordered a Corbin dual tourer last week. I'm trying to keep the mods to a minimum now otherwise it gets traded in on a new Wing.

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey everyone! I’m a long-standing member of Honda motorcycles (XR100-XR400-CBR600RR-CBR1000RR-VTX1800s) but I’m new to the Valkyrie! I’ve seen lots of posts about the seats, saddle bags, highway pegs, windscreens etc. I like the look of the Corbin saddle and Fleetliner bags but want to start a smaller since both appear to be near $3k. Already have the Ergo 3 highway pegs, short exhaust, and sissy bar. What would you recommend to get next? Does anyone have a stereo installed? I’ve been looking at the Wanderbar and Boss bluetooth systems. What else should I know about the Valkyrie!?

Thanks!
Pod lights for more visibility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts