Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a USB power port on my valk and I think I read that the bike is prewired for easy install. Is that right? Where is the best place(pics if you have) to put it and how to install it. I want to power my cell and maybe my Sena comm system. I appreciate any input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
under the seat, on the right side
it is ready , just buy the Honda P/N: 08E70-MJR-670, it costs about $180
there is a dummy connector-colored black, ready to be connected, just remove the 2 pin tip
from the connector and connect to the socket
i installed it today, it worked fine, it is switched power

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks myviolet, I found it at Amazon for $75. It also looks like something at my skill level. I originally was looking for something bar mount for my cellphone but I think this could work also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
you certainly can do it and we dont even need to remove the seat, just a bit difficult to remove the dummy 2 pin plug, if that is the case, remove the seat makes it easier

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes removing the seat is a must for anyone with big hands. other than that it was a breeze. I also installed a the boulevard windshield which looks nice but doesn't do much. I really only wanted it to have a place to mount my EZ pass.

·
Super Moderator
60 Posts
I tapped into the headlight power on mine right below the instrument cluster. Gives switched power, which I use to charge my iPhone using a wireless charging pad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My bike came with a Battery tender pigtail attached, I left it on and added a USB connection. So now I have power on both sides of the bike, but both are under the seat and behind the plastic side covers.

·
Super Moderator
60 Posts
Just be careful using the pigtail connection as it is directly wired to the battery and not switched, which will put a constant drain on your battery even if the bike is off.

·
Registered
497 Posts
... unless you put a switch on it so it can charge the intercoms while you are having lunch... which is what I did as I want to charge the intercoms while I am having lunch, also lots cheaper and allows me to put more switches and lights and crap on my bike haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts