Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I e-mailed a few tire dist. and both said Dunlapper made a deal with Honda that only reg. dealers can sell the tire, it has a Honda part number.

If you want to run the OEM tire go to your local Honda dealer and bend w a y over...

Rear tires in the correct size are no problem. Don't get any ideas about putting a larger tire on the rear, it's only a 5in. wide rim.

Mich. makes a radial in a 120/70/19 and that's the route I'll take when I need a front.
OR
If that doesn't work out I get a 10% discount on OEM parts from the dealer where I bought the bike (don't have to bend over so far)
that helps with the price, should be just under $200.00 even with the 6% PA. sales tax...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I gave all the correct type tire options we have at this time.

Bias ply tires went out in the late 1950's, Hardley still runs bias ply because their bikes still use 1950 technology.

The new Valkyrie is made to run radial tires.
Maybe you could put a 200 tire on a 5" rim, but I'll guarantee no tire manufacture will recommend it.
(If anyone does this I would be happy to hear the results.)

I hope I'm not coming across as a wise guy BUT think about this.
Your life is riding on those two little contact patches between your tires and the pavement. Choose wisely.:|

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm with st2sam, I run a 190/55R-17 on my ZX-10R and it has a 6" rim. Running a 200 on a 5" rim is asking for trouble. I really don't think that any tire tech would put a 200 on your rim. I have an 87 ZX750R that came with a 140 Bias Ply tire. I had the wheel widened to accept a 160 Radial. I had the same problem finding a matched Radial front. I had to go with a different brand. Works fine. If by the time I need a front tire and there is no other alternative, I will probably bite the bullet and buy the replacement from Honda. Hopefully the price will come down. I will still have a great time riding!:D>:D:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have pretty good news guys. Here is the e-mail I received today.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the email. We did some research and it turns out that none of our aftermarket suppliers have these specific tires available. That said, they can be ordered directly from Honda through our CheapCycleParts.com site http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/p/honda/44711-mjr-672/tire-fr-130-60r19-m-c-61h-dunlop and http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/p/honda/42711-mjr-672/tire-rr-180-55r17-m-c-73h-dunlop and in the near future they will be available for order on CompetitionAccessories.com (keep your eyes open for some big changes coming soon).If there is enough interest, we could stock a couple of sets to help shorten delivery times as we currently would have to order them from Honda before we could ship them to you. We could also put together special pricing for a group buy to help save you and your friends a few dollars, especially if they are bulk shipped to a single location.

Thanks again,
Larry

Larry Goldwin VP of Operations

I like the part, "keep your eyes open for some big changes coming soon."
If I get anymore info - updates I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got a quote today from my local dealer for a front tire $223 for factory replacement with a few days on back order Honda part # 44711-MJR-672
The back tire has more options available to us

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd be interested in a set of Venom R's for sure.

fwiw: I emailed Mustang to see if they are working on a Valk touring seat.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts