Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
VIN Number is JH2SC6801EK001362
Thanks, LeoT, for providing further credibility to the belief that less than 2300 were manufactured across the 2014 and 2015 models. There are lots of thoughts about the meaning of the digit after SC68, some thinking it might reflect color or ABS, but there are examples that seem to dispprove those theories, and I've found nothing on the web to clarify what that digit is. I've noted '0', 'N' & 'U'. Mine is N and is Blue non-ABS.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Vin JH2SC6802EK000950

I wonder if $5 gas is worth it to go from DFW to Billings in June?
Good reason to not trailer! Ride that bad boy! Denny found a nice ride around Idaho from there too.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie GL1800C (Black)
14 Posts
Hi Folks,
New to the forum. Just picked up number 251 from 2014 on Monday. Sold on consignment atAs f my local dealership for a fair price. Was told by the owner of the shop that the original owner of the bike bought it there new in 2014 and rode it home in the middle of a blizzard! Hoping to give it a good home and looking forward to getting out for a ride this weekend in Central Connecticut. Weather is going to be beautiful up here!

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Hi Folks,
New to the forum. Just picked up number 251 from 2014 on Monday. Sold on consignment atAs f my local dealership for a fair price. Was told by the owner of the shop that the original owner of the bike bought it there new in 2014 and rode it home in the middle of a blizzard! Hoping to give it a good home and looking forward to getting out for a ride this weekend in Central Connecticut. Weather is going to be beautiful up here!
Congrats on the new bike and welcome from Crested Butte, Colorado.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and welcome from Crested Butte, Colorado.
Thanks! Spent a lot of time lurking in the forum over the last year or so while trying to find one. This community and your combined knowledge was actually one of the deciding factors for me to get a GL1800C.

Don't let it go to your heads ;)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hi Folks,
Welcome to the forum! Please post a pic or two and some info about your bike. Curious to know purchase price and mileage if you want to share.

Best of luck with your new beauty.

Richmonder

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Please post a pic or two and some info about your bike. Curious to know purchase price and mileage if you want to share.

Best of luck with your new beauty.

Richmonder
8999 with 10,000 miles on it.
Just ordered the OEM Windshield, and going to try get something fabricated for my Givi Monolock topbox.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
791 Posts
Wow! I'd say you did quite well. An essentially stock bike with average mileage these days seems to run easily over $10,000 to as high as $13,000. You got that one at pricing two years ago. Well done! Black is the fastest color, too. :cool:

Richmonder

Reactions: tngarren

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow! I'd say you did quite well. An essentially stock bike with average mileage these days seems to run easily over $10,000 to as high as $13,000. You got that one at pricing two years ago. Well done! Black is the fastest color, too. :cool:

Richmonder
The dealer put new tires on it.
It's got a few scrapes and dings; but someone loved it and rode it - so I'm ok with that that. I'm sure I'll be adding a few of my own.

·
Registered
124 Posts
8999 with 10,000 miles on it.
Just ordered the OEM Windshield, and going to try get something fabricated for my Givi Monolock topbox.
I am sure you already know this. The OEM windshield will mount a little too upright. I really appreciated the solution another member recommended. Use the bottom plates of a couple u-bolts to push the lower mount forward. Paint the plate and bolts black and it looms like stock. Generally, the wind shield should run parallel to the forks.

I think the same guy that settled on a 5 speed, placed the air cleaner, and designed the gas cap must have designed the windshield as well. :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hi Folks,
Welcome from DFW, TX, and thanks for sharing the VIN and purchase info. Ditto what Richmonder said, you did VERY well. Some of us paid less a few years ago, but like used cars, the prices have gone way upover the past year or two. DFW Honda told me they haven't been able to get any new bikes from Japan for the past 2 years, so they've been buying up and reselling low mileage bikes, currently have at least three 2014 F6C's listed at $12,995, mostly stock.

Reactions: Richmonder
21 - 40 of 40 Posts