Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a separate thread for new members who might be interested in interpreting their VIN# and adding it to the list.

These bikes were only manufactured in 2014 and 2015, as indicated by an either an 'E' or an 'F' in the serial number, for a total run of only about 3,000, most in 2014. Some countries other than the US also have a stamped date that some speculate is an export or import date. Here's more about the meaning of your serial number, found on the left side in front of the tank if you turn the handlebars to the right:

Example VIN# JH2SC68N1EK000658 (SEQUENCE NUMBER IS 0658)
J – JAPAN
H – HONDA
2 – 2 WHEELED VEHICLE
SC68N = GL1800C SC68U = ABS?
1 – CHECK DIGIT
E – 2014 or F = 2015
K –PLANT = KUMAMOTO, JAPAN (M = HAMAMATASU) (S=SUZUKA)
000658 SERIAL NUMBER FOR THAT YEAR

The highest reported number on multiple discussion sites, so far, is EK001850 for 2014, and FK000228 for 2015.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Interesting, thanks for posting.

Mine is a 2014, sequence no. 1195, Kumamoto plant, Japan. The part I don't understand is mine is "SC680" which is not defined above. I see SC68N and SC68U?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Interesting, thanks for posting.

Mine is a 2014, sequence no. 1195, Kumamoto plant, Japan. The part I don't understand is mine is "SC680" which is not defined above. I see SC68N and SC68U?
So the SC68 was said to be for GL1800C (c 6 cylinder?) and other thoughts were that the next digit would be where ABS might be reflected, but now that's at least 3 options for that digit so I'm lost on that piece, perhaps color? My letter after the 8 is N, and it is non-ABS Blue. If it is for a Japanese word, that could be a really challenge to figure out. So we have 0 N and U so far, hmmmm.

Oh and the 3rd bike in front of yours on the production line, 1192, a black one that was in Malabar, FL, maybe all purchased from the same dealer's purchase lot..

Reactions: Sixshooter

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm probably wrong, but I think that A is for Goldwing (F6A?), B is for F6B, and C is for F6C aka Valkyrie. Just guessing.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I still own and ride 1192. Bought in Cocoa.
I lived in Melbourne area a couple times for 8 years total - loved that beautiful area and Merritt Island.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm probably wrong, but I think that A is for Goldwing (F6A?), B is for F6B, and C is for F6C aka Valkyrie. Just guessing.
Kugo - you're making sense again. Hasn't someone already talked to you about that? :) Should be easy to confirm from a GoldWing owner...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts