Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have them? How you like them? Thinking I need something bigger than the OEM bags and something that'll bolt on to the OEM brackets.

Any photos?

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
Forum member STL LOU has them on his bike I saw them about a year ago, subjectively they looked okay can’t say they looked any “bigger” than the OEM‘s however they did mount up to the OEM brackets, were lockable, were rigid, and lots cheaper than the Corbins (which honestly are the best looking bags for the bike I hate to say) search Viking Hard bags on here you she see pictures

EDIT: this post

·
Registered
2014 Valkyrie F6C
14 Posts
I installed these Viking bags this week and I’m really happy with them. I just couldn’t see putting the Honda OEM leathers on a bike like this. Flat Six is right, they lock, are rigid and are much cheaper than the Corbins. And they bolt right onto the Honda OEM mounting brackets and stays. I bought them while 25% off when Viking had a 4th of July promotion. So I paid about $730 for the bags, brackets and stays.

Install the Honda brackets, then get a piece of cardboard and trace around the back of the Vikings to make a template to use to decide where you want them to go on the bike. Temporarily hang the template on the bracket and adjust it to where you want them to go, then punch holes in the cardboard that line up with the threaded holes on the brackets where the socket head screws go to mount them. Use those holes to mark where you need to drill the backs of the Vikings (take your time here) and you should be good to go. Repeat for the other side. I didn’t use any of the Viking hardware, I used all the Honda screws, rubber spacers and grommets and they are very solid. Install took about 3 hours start to finish.

I’m going to paint the lids this fall to match the Atmosphere Blue Metallic color of the bike and they will look even better. I’ll leave the bottoms black. I think they look good on the Valk too because they are similar in shape to the radiator cowls.

And with the money I’ve saved not buying the Corbin bags I’ll be able to afford a new Corbin seat!

·
Registered
2014 Valkyrie F6C
14 Posts
Well.... I couldn't wait. I used a little PhotoShop magic to see what the saddlebag lids painted blue would look like.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good. Which size are those?

·
Registered
2014 Valkyrie F6C
14 Posts
I posted a reply early this morning with a few pics before the one above that I Photoshopped. It appeared with a note above it saying it was waiting for moderator approval and wasn't visible to visitors. Here is my post again without pics attached, hope this one works.

I installed these Viking bags this week and I’m really happy with them. I just couldn’t see putting the Honda OEM leathers on a bike like this. Flat Six is right, they lock, are rigid and are much cheaper than the Corbins. And they bolt right onto the Honda OEM mounting brackets and stays. I bought them while 25% off when Viking had a 4th of July promotion. So I paid about $730 for the bags, brackets and stays.

Install the Honda brackets, then get a piece of cardboard and trace around the back of the Vikings to make a template to use to decide where you want them to go on the bike. Temporarily hang the template on the bracket and adjust it to where you want them to go, then punch holes in the cardboard that line up with the threaded holes on the brackets where the socket head screws go to mount them. Use those holes to mark where you need to drill the backs of the Vikings (take your time here) and you should be good to go. Repeat for the other side. I didn’t use any of the Viking hardware, I used all the Honda screws, rubber spacers and grommets and they are very solid. Install took about 3 hours start to finish.

I’m going to paint the lids this fall to match the Atmosphere Blue Metallic color of the bike and they will look even better. I’ll leave the bottoms black. I think they look good on the Valk too because they are similar in shape to the radiator cowls.

And with the money I’ve saved not buying the Corbin bags I’ll be able to afford a new Corbin seat!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone have them? How you like them? Thinking I need something bigger than the OEM bags and something that'll bolt on to the OEM brackets.

Any photos?
I placed Universal RS saddlebags off of EBay. Then have little by little modified.

Any photos?
I placed Universal RS hard saddlebags

·
Registered
669 Posts
Man, those speakers in the bags are badass! That's quite a rig.

Richmonder

1 - 16 of 16 Posts