Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Unfortunately, like all GL1800 slip-ons, except for perhaps Vance & Hines which have very intricate internal baffling like stock mufflers, they sound fantastic at idle and when blipping the throttle with no load.
Get them out on the road with a load, around 3k rpm, and the droning is so bad you will want to rip them off immediately.
That's why Jimmy fabricates and sells his Torq Loopz.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So What are you trying to tell us?
If you're referring to me, I'm saying unless you get Vance & Hines slip-ons, any aftermarket muffler is going to drone without Torq Loopz.
I base that on hearing both Cobra 6-2-6 and Rush on my own F6B. I can't speak for Bassani or Two Brothers, but what I've read and heard from others who have tried them on a GL1800 motor is that they drone just as bad as anything else. Again, why do you think Jimmy from Torqmaster manufactures Torq Loopz for the GL1800?

·
Registered
374 Posts
The bike in my avatar had TWO Brother pipes and headers. I had two set of cans that I would switch out depending if the wife wanted to ride with me or if I just wanted to piss off the Harley guys. The load set had no baffles at all just opened track cans. No droning on either set.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The bike in my avatar had TWO Brother pipes and headers. I had two set of cans that I would switch out depending if the wife wanted to ride with me or if I just wanted to piss off the Harley guys. The load set had no baffles at all just opened track cans. No droning on either set.
But that's an older Valk, with no cat converters or crossovers. The present iteration of GL1800 engine has dual cats and a crossover, which is the cause of the drone. Torq Loopz does away with the cats and crossover, eliminating the drone.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It's great someone finally got an aftermarket exhaust for a Valkyrie.

Then its sad that it sounds almost exactly the same as the stock one......... well in the video at least

·
Registered
20 Posts
fuel ratio

It's great someone finally got an aftermarket exhaust for a Valkyrie.

Then its sad that it sounds almost exactly the same as the stock one......... well in the video at least
The other concern is fuel management. Is there a fuel system that can get the fuel air ratio corrected after the Torque Links are installed/

·
Registered
48 Posts
The other concern is fuel management. Is there a fuel system that can get the fuel air ratio corrected after the Torque Links are installed/

I have Torqmaster slip ons on my bike. No fuel management required. The ECU can adjust. Why? It's a good ECU.. Fuel milage didn't change at all. I got 39-42mpg before and the same after.

As for the pipes? Decent quality. They do sound a lot better than the video .

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've only had my valk a few days and of course I'm crazy about it. I would love for it to have the sound of my vtx1800 with rinehart racers I just totaled but it never will.

I listened to the vid and have reconciled that no matter what we try to do, these machines ain't harleys.

I'm gonna let it be what it is. IT will get me from a to z lickity split and make my arse look cool. :laugh:

Oh! And I will not be drilling stinkin holes in the pipes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts