Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My bike came with the Wing rim and it gave me more choices for Darkside.

I bough a Wompus rack which was custom made for me at their facility because I didn't want a backrest and luggage rack.

I believe some have bought racks from ebay and modified them to fit. Search the forum.
Thanks. I am. I'm looking for a loaded bike.
JJ

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am trying to decide whether I want to buy an F6C F6B or an old Valk. (2000).
Headlights burn out. The headlight is $1200. It won't last forever.
I ride around 16K a season. $10,500 2014 Valk. is what I'm looking at. It's loaded.
A bike I'm also looking at has 27K. It will need a valve adjustment very soon if I buy it.
I rode my 1500 Valk. 192K. There is a well kept 2000 Valk with 33K for $3900 very near me. Jetted,trigger wheel,open airbox.Rifle screen. Kia Red.

JJ
I just sold a 1998 Valkyrie standard with all the bells and whistle including trigger wheel that I had for 13 years. I replaced the bike with a 2014 Valkyie. My biggest reason for upgrading was I wanted fuel injection and 1800 cc's but I go so much more. It took 6 months to sell the old Valk and I rode both of them back and forth for 3 month and came to the conclusion the 2014 is just better a much better motorcycle technologically. The 2014 handling and power swing is far superior to the 98 Valk not to mention much much better fuel mileage and range. It took me a while to get use to the digital tachometer but I have even grown to like it as well. My only complaint looking back was my old Valk had a custom Corbin seat that fit me like it was tailored for my A$$. I will say the 2014 seat was hideous and I just replaced it with a Corbin custom cruiser and it was worth the investment. I also would like a 6th gear but it is what it is. :)

I have heard nothing but good things about the F6B as well. Everyone I have spoken to that has the bike loves it. I have zero regrets upgrading to a 2014. It was like coming off a horse and buggy hoping on a luxury sports car. It was that much of a difference for me. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks Rick.
I was disappointed with my recent ride on a 2000 Valk compared to my recent ride on a 2014. I agree on the power and handling part.
My favored boot easily fit under the older Valk shifter though. The old Valk did not have a cable operated gas filler cover which I don't like.
Better mileage and more range though is great. My Vulcan is good on that.
Ergo's on the older bike were a bit better for me however the levers were too far away from my hands on the old one.

JJ

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks Rick.
I was disappointed with my recent ride on a 2000 Valk compared to my recent ride on a 2014. I agree on the power and handling part.
My favored boot easily fit under the older Valk shifter though. The old Valk did not have a cable operated gas filler cover which I don't like.
Better mileage and more range though is great. My Vulcan is good on that.
Ergo's on the older bike were a bit better for me however the levers were too far away from my hands on the old one.

JJ
I purchased my 2014 used and the previous owner put a heel toe shifter on the bike and I have really learned to like it, I have ridden for years and never had one till now. I have had zero problems with the cable operated gas cover on the 2014.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts