Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to make a choice between these two bikes and chose the 2014 Valkyrie because of reliability. The Triumph just had too many issues even though it has been out for for 14 years. I have no regrets! Both big, both ride decently although the Triumph takes a little more effort in the twisties for sure. It comes down to riding versus working on the bike. Nothing beats the F6C overall.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Rocket looks like cosmetic surgery gone bad. Had they more closely emulated an Indian 4, I might appreciate them more. As is, that is too much engine up too high.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The Rocket 3 is faster but most of them need a new transmission.
It s a fun bike and it will make you smile.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Rocket looks like cosmetic surgery gone bad. Had they more closely emulated an Indian 4, I might appreciate them more. As is, that is too much engine up too high.
Agreed.. and although I have never ridden one it does look like that’s a lot of mass up high and a workout carving up some roads with it. Fast and straight probably a different story :D

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Moreover, the article's indicated Valkyrie performance statistics"...110 pound-feet of torque and 104 horsepower..." are misleading. Those are readings taken at the rear wheel on a dynomometer, not at the flywheel (crankshaft), which is the statistic typically presented by manufacturers, including Harley Davidson, Triumph, and others.Flywheel performance for a Valkyrie, based on those numbers would be 127 pound-feet torque and 120 horsepower, similar to the numbers we see in other articles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I mean.... If you wanna believe a website over a guy that has owned both bikes... More power to ya.

·
Registered
464 Posts
We all want what we ain't got. I really wanted the new VTX1800 they never made. I like the new rocket look but doubt it has the ease and balance of the valky but sure that it would be a hoot to ride.

I'd also like a new fandangled e-bike with at least a 200 mile range, 1 hour recharge, and will hit at least a hunnerd mph. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts