Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Valkyrie, 2015 F6c in April this year and I can't get over the lack of after market accessories. Why is this, where there that few of these bikes produced or what? I have had a 1985 Goldwing in the past and you can still buy more for that than this 30 year newer bike. I can't believe I can't buy a trailer hitch, when I am on a trip I like to be prepared and usually bring a lot more stuff than I need, but by god I am usually ready for what comes my way. :) I love the bike but I feel I should have made a bit more effort in learning what was out there before buying it. Any thoughts on why there is so little out there?
Thanks have a great August.
Dan

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think you nailed it already,
2 year production run, very low numbers produced and sold, the aftermarket does not want to produce parts for bikes that are a 0.0000001% of the bikes out there...
Its just business.

The Valk is a wonderful machine, that just did not take off.

Tazmool

·
Registered
412 Posts
I watch the VIN #'s submitted via one of this site's strings and via a Valk 1800 FBook site, and the highest numbers reported over several years are 1,902 for 2014, and only 269 for 2015, so probably only 2500 or so produced, and if I remember correctly, that's about as rare as a Rune. (Put VIN in the search window to see more or to add yours) Many 2001 - 2017Goldwing parts will fit, i.e., center stand, 16" rear wheel rims bolt right on to yield a much larger number of rear tire options, but many other parts will not, and you don't find a lot of Valk 1800's getting parted out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought my first Valkyrie, 2015 F6c in April this year and I can't get over the lack of after market accessories. Why is this, where there that few of these bikes produced or what? I have had a 1985 Goldwing in the past and you can still buy more for that than this 30 year newer bike. I can't believe I can't buy a trailer hitch, when I am on a trip I like to be prepared and usually bring a lot more stuff than I need, but by god I am usually ready for what comes my way. :) I love the bike but I feel I should have made a bit more effort in learning what was out there before buying it. Any thoughts on why there is so little out there?
Thanks have a great August.
Dan
I’ve never heard of anyone adding a trailer hitch, but there are other options for increased storage. There are some nice saddlebag options out there. I decided to expand the size of my luggage rack by bolting a matching blue cutting board onto it. It allows for more stability with a larger bag. You can see it in the picture below with the smaller of the two bags I have mounted to it. When I’m riding solo I can put the other larger bag on the passenger seat.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

·
Registered
161 Posts
Completely off topic, but how does your family/friend like the Lectric XP 2.0 bikes? My wife is awaiting delivery of her step-through model similar to the white one in your pic. How do they compare with the Aventon thats also in your stable?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Completely off topic, but how does your family/friend like the Lectric XP 2.0 bikes? My wife is awaiting delivery of her step-through model similar to the white one in your pic. How do they compare with the Aventon thats also in your stable?
I’ll send you a PM so we don’t hijack this thread.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie GL1800C, Black
7 Posts
I took a Goldwing trailer hitch and modified it to fit on my Valkyrie. Only issue is that the stock tag holder and turn signals are in the way. Ended up buying a LED strip that replaced the signals and used a relocation plate holder mounted to the rear fender for the tag.
I’ve pulled a trailer bought from USA Trailer Store a number of times from GA to Florida and had no issues.
I have some pictures somewhere that I’ll post later.

Reactions: sanmo
1 - 9 of 9 Posts