Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
927 Posts
Looking good! I assume by "bash plate", you're referring to a belly pan. I attempted to get one on mine a year ago and after three hours on my back on concrete, I couldn't get it on. It must be easier than I'm making it. Next thing you need to do is remove those factory stickers from the gas tank. It looks so much better once they're gone. Just heat them with a hair dryer and push them off with a credit card, then wipe the residue with a light solvent.

Richmonder

Reactions: Vambee

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking good! I assume by "bash plate", you're referring to a belly pan. I attempted to get one on mine a year ago and after three hours on my back on concrete, I couldn't get it on. It must be easier than I'm making it. Next thing you need to do is remove those factory stickers from the gas tank. It looks so much better once they're gone. Just heat them with a hair dryer and push them off with a credit card, then wipe the residue with a light solvent.

Richmonder
Thanks Bro! The Belly Pan was indeed the part installed. ADV or Enduro we bash it or skid over obstacles. This belly pan is not as protective for obvious reasons, but for the money it should provide more assurance.

I thought the back was the hardest of all my installs today. That last bolt was difficult to start. BTW, I do have a heat gun. Maybe I can squeeze out some heat to remove the badges as you suggest as a next time project. In the middle of reorganizing the garage. Life is so hard having 2 motorcycles in the garage... ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Richmonder
BTW, If you like we can add yours if you can provide beverages to keep us dehydrated!...:coffee:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Done! The wind screen is a great improvement. The bash plate is more of an aluminum pie plate as compared to my ADV tank bottom able to withstand a tank killing mine. Thanks again to all those who made recommendations. View attachment 13955
Did you set the angle of the windshield to the 60 degrees that they recommend or did you not play around with it yet ? I should be getting mine soon but I went with a custom 24" one just because I really want all the wind going above my head. How long did it take to arrive from first ordering it ?

·
Super Moderator
927 Posts
BTW, If you like we can add yours if you can provide beverages to keep us dehydrated!...:coffee:
That works for me! But I think you'll prefer staying "hydrated"! :p 😎

Richmonder

Reactions: Vambee

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you set the angle of the windshield to the 60 degrees that they recommend or did you not play around with it yet ? I should be getting mine soon but I went with a custom 24" one just because I really want all the wind going above my head. How long did it take to arrive from first ordering it ?
I did not know about 60, but it was awesome protection. Mine is 20 inches and there seems to be great wind protection. My experience is the screen should allow you to look above or through the screen.

I received all the accessories in less than 5 days. The screen was last but I was out of town. The test will be this Wednesday for my improvements. Going to Durham about 3 hour drive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It appears to be a Madstad screen. I have one, great screens with easy to adjust settings.
Only problem I had with my madstad shield is that once I found the perfect height and angle , the gap between the headlight and windshield caused a horribly loud whistling sound when riding over 45mph. So I bought a windshield bag that I can stuff in that gap and no more whistling.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Only problem I had with my madstad shield is that once I found the perfect height and angle , the gap between the headlight and windshield caused a horribly loud whistling sound when riding over 45mph. ...
I bought an 18" height, but probably should have followed their height suggestion for a 24". That is my mistake, not the fault of Madstad. I haven't experienced the above mentioned whistling.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought an 18" height, but probably should have followed their height suggestion for a 24". That is my mistake, not the fault of Madstad. I haven't experienced the above mentioned whistling.
I bought a 24" . I heard u can reach out to them and it'll only cost $65 or so for another windscreen since you alrdy have the brackets installed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts