Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is anticipation from many of us F6C owners to upgrade exhaust systems. I am one of them. What I have noticed by reading is that about 90% of the sound reduction on the exhaust is done by the cat, hence if you look at the schematics on the stock mufflers you will notice there is very little baffles, because the cat is doing almost all the sound reduction. The answer for added sound, horsepower and torque will be a mid pipe, as you will gain very little with slip on.
Positive comments from Torq Master that our F6C Torq Loopz will be released soon. Members please keep the inquiries to Torq Master so they will produce Torq Loopz sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Removing the cats is going to yield little to no increase in power (unless you count the whooping 3 ft/lbs they claim on their site). It may change the sound a bit but that's it. Without a Power Commander and a good map, the ECU in the bike isn't going to increase fuel enough for a noticeable difference likely.

Motors make power by burning gas. So without a way to add more gas, you're putting one step in front of the other by opening the exhaust. I'd be interested in seeing an F6B dyno graph stock and then Torq Loopz and exhaust comparison. I'd think it would increase high end horsepower at the sacrifice of some low end torque due to it being so much more free flowing.

I had mine dynoed when it was stock and the numbers were fine and the curves looked good. I don't want to lose any low end power and I am not interested in high end horsepower so I'm sticking with slip ons until new evidence surfaces.

·
Registered
216 Posts
After posting that I did some "Google-research" but was unable to find any dyno graphs. I did find a whole bunch of posts on Goldwing boards that ranged from:
"Torq Loopz are amazing! It's a whole different bike now."
"I installed them and noticed no difference. They seem like a waste of money."
"They are a huge pain to keep sealed and have decel popping."
"They made the bike loud and now I can't hear my radio as well."

So I'm a little skeptical about the actual "Loopz" but their slip ons look fine. Hopefully they make a slip on and not just the "snake oil" loops are they were frequently referred to as.

I support any manufacturer that makes stock things better but they have to back it up. How can you make a performance product and not have readily available dyno graphs to show how wonderful your product is? Maybe they'll email you some if you ask.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
F6C is a purpose built , has no radio,
most people buy F6B or Goldwing if they like a nice stereo, yes I know some F6C add a stereo.
Since I do not know of a mid pipe that's out for the F6C, the above comment seems to refer to a heavyweight Gold Wing possible no re flash, not fair to compare to a F6C.
A re flash should take care of the popping.

mrtappan you seem to be negative, on mid pipe
I do agree with you for proof of many test to show benefit from a mfg mid pipe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in NO WAY endorsing T/L, but it looks like for now its the only game in town for a F6C mid pipe.
I'm currently doing a re flash and mid pipe on my '09 VMax, were there is more than 6 different mid pipe brands/styles to choose from, wish we had that many choices on our F6C, but for now we do not.

·
Registered
216 Posts
F6C is a purpose built , has no radio,
most people buy F6B or Goldwing if they like a nice stereo, yes I know some F6C add a stereo.
Since I do not know of a mid pipe that's out for the F6C, the above comment seems to refer to a heavyweight Gold Wing possible no re flash, not fair to compare to a F6C.
A re flash should take care of the popping.

mrtappan you seem to be negative, on mid pipe
I do agree with you for proof of many test to show benefit from a mfg mid pipe
Well all the stuff I found on Torq Loopz was from Goldwing/F6B sites. Since the engine is exactly the same, performance gains will be exactly the same in regardless to dyno numbers.

I'm not negative on it, but I have yet to see any "real" evidence they do anything other than open up the exhaust. Since no one makes a good muffler (yet, if ever) and no one makes a Power Commander map for any combination on the bike, I see no point in even wasting time buying them unless you do the full package.

Without an exhaust, mid-pipe, and good map...... you're just changing parts not performance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi
2 month ago, I putted thé Torq Loops on m'y New F6c. The sound was nearly the same than the original...really !!!
So I asked to à friend of mine (mechanic men) to drill all the holes at the end of the 2 muffler.
Now sound is great, loud and deep
I tried to post a video but...
I'll try later

·
Registered
216 Posts
Roger already has a pair so they must just bolt in with little to no modification.

I so wish I could get my hands on a stock F6B exhaust. I want to see what the big deal is. No one seems to have a solid answer or pics or anything other than "it should fit but will be longer."

I'm a "seeing is believing" kind of guy.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't think the cats play a major role in sound reduction. i removed mine and it was only slightly louder with the stock mufflers. And even with the little 10" full open mufflers and no cats, it's still not real loud. This engine is just plain smooth and quite.

·
Registered
216 Posts
That's pretty believable since modern cats aren't like old ones. New cats are less restrictive and with the Valkyrie being low compression it's not having a hard time burning regular gas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
2 month ago, I putted thé Torq Loops on m'y New F6c. The sound was nearly the same than the original...really !!!
So I asked to à friend of mine (mechanic men) to drill all the holes at the end of the 2 muffler.
Now sound is great, loud and deep
I tried to post a video but...
I'll try later
Bonjour Roger, peux tu m'en dires plus stp sur la modification des échappements car je trouve vraiment dommage qu'elle soit aussi sage d'origine c'est F6c

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ok if I can get off my lazy butt and get motivated I have a new set of loops and exhaust in the garage and hope to install Friday. And since I'm a x-canon tech with some great camera's and a complete computer geek I should be able to get some good pic and sounds clips of the system install. So Saturday I'll try and post up info on the new Torq Master pipes with loops for the Valkyrie. From just the info they mailed me on a dyno run it improves HP and torque across the board by about 10% I can scan that and post with the other info I supply to the site. P.S. the instruction they set me are for the full size Goldwing not the Valkyrie so I don't have a full install instruction so I'll I'm going to try and reinvent the wheel when I install and save us some steps. ☺

·
Registered
216 Posts
If 10% is true then it's worth buying regardless of sound.

Remember to do a "before" and "after" with the same sound equipment

1 - 20 of 21 Posts