Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planned on rotating my truck tires today and getting some yard work done, but it was nice and cool for the first time in a year...in the 70°s with lower humidity. Then the light came on...baby wake up were riding today. 7 hours in the saddle and my favorite BBQ place, good day!! She approved of the Corbin and my BBQ joint which she's never been to before. She couldn't survive more than two hours without a break on the stock saddle. I had a butterfly find his way up jacket sleeve and was tickling my arm so I had to pull over and try to save him...too much wing damage, had to put him down:(
I've had bee's in my helmet, bugs in my mouth, beetles split my knuckle, stones bruise my shin, killed a squirrel, hit a turtle but never had to kill a butterfly.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Plant Sky

·
Registered
670 Posts
Your bike looks badass and I like the name of the "Q" place! Glad you had a good day on the Valk.

Richmonder

·
Registered
344 Posts
It’s raining here all day and I’m working too but not too hard.

Is that the Honda OEM passenger backrest?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It’s raining here all day and I’m working too but not too hard.

Is that the Honda OEM passenger backrest?
No. That is a Corbin solid pad. It bolts directly to the OEM Honda backrest, made to fit the OEM Honda backrest. On Corbins website it would be the "Standard" without the hole. I also have the "Large ovalback" which is mounted to a post which slides down into the seat and can be positioned front/rider or rear/passenger positions. I already had the OEM backrest and rack so decided to get this one as well.

After reading, I was not clear. The metal backrest is OEM, yes. The pad bolted to the backrest is Corbin.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I planned on rotating my truck tires today and getting some yard work done, but it was nice and cool for the first time in a year...in the 70°s with lower humidity. Then the light came on...baby wake up were riding today. 7 hours in the saddle and my favorite BBQ place, good day!! She approved of the Corbin and my BBQ joint which she's never been to before. She couldn't survive more than two hours without a break on the stock saddle. I had a butterfly find his way up jacket sleeve and was tickling my arm so I had to pull over and try to save him...too much wing damage, had to put him down:(
I've had bee's in my helmet, bugs in my mouth, beetles split my knuckle, stones bruise my shin, killed a squirrel, hit a turtle but never had to kill a butterfly. View attachment 12844

View attachment 12845
Your bike looks awesome! Sounds like you had a lot of fun on it that day. Truck tires can be rotated anytime. Gotta take advantage of the great riding weather.

In my younger years, I had a stinging bug go up the sleeve of my jacket. Before I could stop and get my jacket off the thing had stung me five times. I learned to never wear a jacket with loose fitting cuffs.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
15 Posts
I sure do like those oem bags on your bike! I am getting closer to pulling the trigger on them... and I sure do like that corbin backrest pad. It looks perfect with the corbin seat.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sure do like those oem bags on your bike! I am getting closer to pulling the trigger on them... and I sure do like that corbin backrest pad. It looks perfect with the corbin seat.
When I was "looking" shopping for mine the Pickens were getting slim. I could not find all the parts needed from one source. You will need the brackets, the stays and the bags. It would be nice if they offered a one part no. kit for those that need it all. My point being, these bikes are no longer produced and there's probably not much demand now for the accessories, coupled with import/export shipping delays. If your keeping your bike and want these I would buy them if you can find them. Just my non solicited opinion.
The Corbin pad is certainly cost more than it's worth, but she loves it and says it's a large improvement in shape, size and comfort. That's good enough for me. Happy wife/Happy life.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
15 Posts
When I was "looking" shopping for mine the Pickens were getting slim. I could not find all the parts needed from one source. You will need the brackets, the stays and the bags. It would be nice if they offered a one part no. kit for those that need it all. My point being, these bikes are no longer produced and there's probably not much demand now for the accessories, coupled with import/export shipping delays. If your keeping your bike and want these I would buy them if you can find them. Just my non solicited opinion.
The Corbin pad is certainly cost more than it's worth, but she loves it and says it's a large improvement in shape, size and comfort. That's good enough for me. Happy wife/Happy life.
I really appreciate your honesty on this matter. I just need to poo or get off the pot. lol Thanks for taking the time to respond with good info for me!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the bags and mounting brackets for sale (excellent condition) $400 plus shipping

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the bags and mounting brackets for sale (excellent condition) $400 plus shipping
Wow that's a deal. I hoped I could find a good deal like that when I was shopping. I paid full price. I do like the OEM quality and fitment, they are lacking in space. I cant even get my summer half helmet in them. My wife prefers them cause she's not as concerned with nicking them or scratching them as on my 1500 Valkyrie with the pretty paint.
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts