Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW…I just upped my pressures to 37 front and 42 back (still on OEM tyres) and am very pleased (and surprised) with the result.

·
Registered
497 Posts
That is about 280kpa and unless memory fails that is what it is meant to be? Anyway that is where I run mine as well. Much better tire life, man I have sacrificed some rubber to the low pressure gods :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine has a slight bobble at those pressures when letting off the throttle. New bike three weeks old. The dealer changed out my front wheel as the original was loaded up with wheel weight from the factory. possibly they didn't tighten up the forks properly but I noticed more about 40 psi takes care of it. IDK more time is needed to tell.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is about 280kpa and unless memory fails that is what it is meant to be?
The OEM recommended pressures are 36 front and 41 rear. That's why I'm surprised - only an extra pound in each tyre but a significant difference in terms of handling. I didn't think these low profile tyres would be so pressure sensitive. Got me a little Michelin digital tyre gauge now that I'm going to keep permanently in my jacket pocket so I can check more regularly. Def worth the effort I've decided ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts