Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would max the bike out this morning see what the top speed was! A disappointing 203kph and the limiter cuts in? I'll check the my Valkyrie Rune later this week but I'm sure it's a has a higher top speed from what I remember, dispite it's softer suspension!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is the built in electronic speed limiter that cuts in when you reach a pre set speed. There is more power in the bike and it reachs 203kph with no effort, then the power just gets muted...
There are after market gadgets that you link in to fool the ECU to over come the limiter. Not sure if there is one available for this model yet?
Have to do some research ... Trust honda to build a stable muscle looking bike with a big engine and then restrict the speed to a regular cruiser. My Triumph Rocket Roadster power cuts out at 235kph! But I've upped that now with a Power Comander ...

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is true whom I am still breaking in but the power is widely sufficient(self-important) for me. I never think of touching has the ECM
F6c is not a motorcycle of competition

·
Registered
35 Posts
126mph is fat enough to land me in jail.

I would not be doing that kind of speed on any public roads, as the Deer where i live don't cross the road with a green light or use the crosswalks, **** they don't look for traffic.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had mine up to 100mph and the bike felt like it would handle 125mph and still want to go. Although as I backed out of that speed had it down to 70 as I rounded a bend and found a state trooper hidden in the trees, if I had gone by him at 100+ I would have been screwed. He didn't even pull out. ☺

·
Registered
216 Posts
Depending on the model some Power Commander V's remove top speed limiters it depends on the model of motorcycle though. They make a PCV for the Valkyrie but I don't k know if it removes the speed limiter

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have seen 205kph indicated but honestly it was no Hayabusa getting there, probably because it is no Hayabusa. Even without the limiter (which I didn't notice) I don't think it has much more then that going by how slow those last few KPH came on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't think it has much more then that going by how slow those last few KPH came on.
Would be weird if it was an engine power problem since my old 919 had similar HP and much less torque but pulled very hard up to 230Km/H or so. The 919 was 100kg or more lighter though.

Some have said that there is an ECU softening of the power before it nears 200Km/H (maybe from 160-200Km/H?) so that it's not an abrupt drop off, could that be the case Shrubbo? Or you think it's definitely not enough power?

It's completely moot for me of course, as an older guy now I only ride with my wife (her on the 919)... top speed for us is about 110Km/hr on the Gold Coast highway :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well IF the ECU is basically a Goldwing ECU with a limiter then it will go faster for sure. I tested mine with a friend on his Goldwing with a passenger. I smoked him getting to 125mph then he caught up and cruised by with no problem......

·
Registered
50 Posts
top speed

I guess I am curious, I would like know the top speed of my bike. But every time I get over 100 mph, I remember that these are OEM tires and may not be up to the task. That trumps my curiosity and I will believe the reports that the limiter is set at 127 +/- a couple.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I believe if your doing the missile thing you need to be where there is no cross traffic like in space or on a track.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts