Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
thinking about changing my chrome for black tank bezel and fuel lid.
has anybody done this? is it more than just a few screws.?
hidden problems I should know about first?

any help would be great
thanks Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
ld,, live a little and take a chance. just remove the screws on your chrome cover and see how easy it is. sometimes you just have to roll the dice and see what comes up. it will improve your confidence to try other mods as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Easy remove three outer chome screws. Inside there are two push pins. Push center to realease and pull out. Pull landyard for fuel cap from wall. Next two more push pins, one on left and one for little door on front of inner bezel. Now tilt and from the bottom push cable end out of white plastis latch. This part is a little difficult to reasemble so pay attention to routing as you remove cable.

Reactions: Geepers

·
Registered
669 Posts
You may want to think about that Dupli-color shadow chrome product recommended to me by Flat Six under my luggage rack post in this forum. It might be a good, and inexpensive, solution. You wouldn't have to do all that removal and reinstall, buy parts, etc. Just a thought.

Richmonder

·
Registered
4 Posts
Easy remove three outer chome screws. Inside there are two push pins. Push center to realease and pull out. Pull landyard for fuel cap from wall. Next two more push pins, one on left and one for little door on front of inner bezel. Now tilt and from the bottom push cable end out of white plastis latch. This part is a little difficult to reasemble so pay attention to routing as you remove cable.
I am trying to put my bezel back on after putting a tank bib on. I’ve had this bike for a month and learning how it’s put together. I cannot get the point of the bezel that is closest to the seat to lay flush. What am I missing? I can’t see anything preventing it from doing so. Help is appreciated!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts