Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased new 2014 Valkyrie. Owned first one many years ago in Indiana. Love my present bike. Installed power commander and [email protected] Filtor and opened up air intake. Major power Gaines as a result.

Looking for a MODERN windshield for bike. Hate the one offered by Honda

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gustafsson Plastics makes one for the small Honda windshield. This screen is mounted on the bike via the "Boulevard" mounting kit that comes with the Boulevard screen. I searched and searched for others, none found.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went this route. You can see the posts of another user that bought this one in the accessories forum I believe. The "gloss black" option looks great on the on the black Valk. Buy the 1" mounting kit. No need to buy the OEM Honda mount kits. I loved the Gustaffson but don't have someone able to "smoke" the red one like the other user in here did and don't think I'd like it without that effect.

http://www.windshield-shop.com/Wind...rioTouringScreen_for_NakedBikeVTNB_black.html

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks, Dionysus... by the way, the 2"-over-Honda-Boulevard-screen I had made at Gustaffson is working out great, I still love it. You could always ship a screen to the guys that painted the smoke edge and clearcoat on the backside of mine... Austin Paintworks (512) 389-1611 and ask for Matt.

I went this route. You can see the posts of another user that bought this one in the accessories forum I believe. The "gloss black" option looks great on the on the black Valk. Buy the 1" mounting kit. No need to buy the OEM Honda mount kits. I loved the Gustaffson but don't have someone able to "smoke" the red one like the other user in here did and don't think I'd like it without that effect.

http://www.windshield-shop.com/Wind...rioTouringScreen_for_NakedBikeVTNB_black.html

·
Registered
222 Posts
here's the gloss black MRA Vario. You need the standard mounting hardware for 1" handlebars then cut the mounting rods to the desired length (approx. 3-4 inches) depending on where you clamp onto the bars.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Superjim , do you like your highway footpegs ?
Yes, I do. They have some adjust-ability front to back depending your leg length. You can also adjust how tight or how easily they open. I can open them with the toe of my boot while riding and easily close them back with my boot.

Your legs are close to the engine so you may feels some heat. I have not riden it hot weather with them yet. but I don't think it will be an issue.

I give the engineering design and fit two thumbs up. nice product. In the closed position, i think they would also help in tip over protection.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's great, thanks for the information on doing that. I may want both as an option, it really looks good. I think the MRA Vario does too in a different way. Torn. Nice to have options though! Now for which seat I'll get....

Thanks, Dionysus... by the way, the 2"-over-Honda-Boulevard-screen I had made at Gustaffson is working out great, I still love it. You could always ship a screen to the guys that painted the smoke edge and clearcoat on the backside of mine... Austin Paintworks (512) 389-1611 and ask for Matt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello I just bought a 2104 and still have my 2003 valk. I noticed you got the power commander and K&N. Tell me what it did. Is it worth it. 540-903-5703 Please call me. mike. I had the GREAT please of coming up on a ducati diavel yesterday. yes he got me but NOT BY MUCH. He was shocked and embarrassed. I was right on his tail. A little more and I would have him. And for a bike that is a 2 person bike much heavier than the diavel that's an accomplishment. The diavel couldn't ride 2 people or and luggage over a roll of TP. LOL

Im with ya on the shields Honda offers UGLY ass too tall and useless short models. I have to have something though for the highway Im stuck!!!!! Cant wait to hear what the power commander did to help. im a Vmax rider. I want that power with the comfort of the Valk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Power Commander and Air Intake

Purchased new 2014 Valkyrie. Owned first one many years ago in Indiana. Love my present bike. Installed power commander and [email protected] Filtor and opened up air intake. Major power Gaines as a result.

Looking for a MODERN windshield for bike. Hate the one offered by Honda
I also have installed the Power Commander and am curious what you did to open up the air intake?

Thanks,

Brad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts