Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put on Bridgestone T32 (120/70 front). The grip and control seem quite good compared to the original Dunlops. The rear is not a GT so let's see how it will go with the wear.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have not run the 777 Shinko, although I have run several other Shinko's and surprisingly pleased. The Shinko Raven on my Bandit and they wore like steel, I liked them, no issues. Some claim poor rain traction on the Raven, I wouldn't know as I try to avoid riding in the rain.(They were very noisy) I also ran the Shinko 016 Verge 2x Radial front and rear. This pair was amazing on my C14 in every way. No complaints, nice quiet handling radial. I don't think the load rating is high enough for our bikes which is important.
I have no experience with the Shinko 777, is it a radial?
What's the load rating?
Please update us on a review after you log some miles.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I put on Bridgestone T32 (120/70 front). The grip and control seem quite good compared to the original Dunlops. The rear is not a GT so let's see how it will go with the wear.
I just ordered new tires about all that could be found were the Battleax T32’s. I’m a little concerned with the weight of the bike and the tire rating. It says 250 kg (~550 lbs) I’m going to ask the tire shop if they are heavy enough. Did you ask or what do u think?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just ordered new tires about all that could be found were the Battleax T32’s. I’m a little concerned with the weight of the bike and the tire rating. It says 250 kg (~550 lbs) I’m going to ask the tire shop if they are heavy enough. Did you ask or what do u think?
That's my only concern also. The weight index is a bit lower on the front - 60W Battlax Vs 61H for the OEM.
On the rear the Battlax have a GT version which is recommended for bikes above 250 kg. The weight index however is the same (73W). The difference, from what I've found, seems to be in better wear for the GT version.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's my only concern also. The weight index is a bit lower on the front - 60W Battlax Vs 61H for the OEM.
On the rear the Battlax have a GT version which is recommended for bikes above 250 kg. The weight index however is the same (73W). The difference, from what I've found, seems to be in better wear for the GT version.

The shop I went to called their distributor and after looking for sizes that would work, the Battleax are what they had in stock. I think the GT’s would definitely be a better choice I am more concerned about the safety of overloading the tires. But good wear would be nice too

21 - 27 of 27 Posts