Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
OEM sucks, most valk riders switch to something else. I only got just over 6k miles on both front and rear. I will never use OEM tires again. On my last bike I got over 15k miles on metzler 880's but I went with michelin commander 2 on the front and pilot 2 on the rear for this bike. Only got about 3k miles on them but right now they still look almost new. I certainly expect to do better than 6k though but even if I only got 6k miles, I'd still use them again because they feel a lot better on the road than the dunlops. Dunlops got squirrely when riding over tar snakes and we got a lot of those here in GA. It might not have been a big deal but I hated that feeling like my back end was gonna slide out from under me any second.

Not sure on the pads, haven't had to replace mine yet, only got about 9k miles total on this bike.

Not sure how much this affects tire life, but I always start braking rear first, then front while trying to maintain even pressure on both brakes.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.