Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have the toughest motorcycle to do these on because we have the motorcycle with the longest wheelbase … bar one. Any guesses what that is? (without looking it up)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Damn! Forgot about the Rune. But I’m thinking of more current bikes (and yes, as it turns out, the bike in question has the same wheelbase as the Rune 😜). Hint: it’s not a Goldwing, Rocket, Harley or Indian

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hehehe...
Challenge accepted....

No way the Valk is harder to turn around than this, production, road legal bike:

Leonhardt Gunbus 410

Its a mere 11 feet long.
And its even more rare than any Valk (even the Rune) ;)

Tazmool
I want one!!! That is a hoot. But the bike I actually had in mind is the BMW R18…. same weight as the Valkyrie and an inch longer. That must be a real joy on the tight U turns 😏. It really is a bit of an “all show, no go”machine it seems to me: only 91hp, small tank (4 gallons), big tires, short travel suspension…. once the looks wears off the lack of functionality would start to grate I reckon. The other contender in this space was the M109R… turns out it’s the same wheelbase as the Valkyrie. With the COG higher than a Valk it also must be a complete joy on cone work (not). Bottom line: yes, our machines are a bit of a handful on the tight stuff but it could be worse 😏

·
Registered
866 Posts
You're making me feel better about my performance on the Virginia State Police safety course I took a few months back. I was able to do the cones well but the tight turns in some of the other exercises were tough. Then again, some of the Gold Wing guys muscled theirs around like they were small bore enduros. Practice, practice, practice!

Richmonder

1 - 9 of 9 Posts