Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, I ordered one today and after talking with them you will want to order the one for the F6B (2013 -). They don't list the Valkyrie 1800 yet but apparently it is the same handlebar in terms of internal and external diameter so I would think this would apply on other friction "manual cruise control" options. Had to do it. my throttle hand needs a break at times! Will get tomorrow and post pics after I install.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, unfortunately it turns out it won't work. Had I kndersrood more I would have known we don't have the right grip as this replaces the weight on the end of the grip that has a weight detachable by a screw. Same diameter as F6B but not the same throttle mechanism. So, actually I found one I like better at my dealer here in Portland, Or made by a local guy. I like it better since it is the only mechanical one that will disengage with use of the front brake (unlike the Throttlemeister or others similar). I'll post details and pics once I get it installed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just writing instructions now for the f6c mccruise. All parts available.
Sweet, didn't know there was a real automatic cruise available. Hmm . . . .I do like the mechanical one I installed that I mentioned however this would be ideal - Christmas List! Wish I didn't need it but Carpel Tunnel screams at me after a while and I have to shake out that throttle hand!

Do you have any installers in Portland, OR?

·
Registered
2 Posts
When you ordered it, did you order it for the F6B, or the old Valk? Also, I don't see any options to order the 1" handler bar option. (or any other options).

Thanks!
Bill

·
Registered
25 Posts
I believe mounting a Throttlemeister or a Kaoko throttle lock is possible. In order to do so you must first cut the end of the throttle tube and get rid of the threaded nipple at the end. Then take the throttle tube off of the handlebar and remove the weight in the inside of the bar on both ends of the bar. After that you can measure the inside diameter of the bar... After that I am not sure...it depends on if the company supplies both end weights or not... I may try this and if I am successful I will post pictures. I have had both types of locks on several bikes but it was a while ago...Also the right grip HAS to be cut to have an open end so the throttle lock can contact the throttle tube. That is how it locks...

PS..Kaoko has a pair of bar ends that work with the VTX1800, it has a 7/8" inside diameter. So I am assuming the bar is a 1" outside diameter as the F6C is, this is where I am going to start when I get around to it. I have ordered another set of smaller rubber grips and when I have the old ones off I will measure the ID of the bar, that will determine if this would work.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Or for $35 you can just order the Vista Cruise, I have had these on so many bikes I've lost count. Once the tension is adjusted you can adjust the throttle any time while engaged and a flip of the thumb and it's off. For the price it's hard to beat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went with the Kuryakyn 6218 Thumb/Throttle Cruise Assist Premier from eBay for $30. I had the Vista Cruise universal lock on my previous bike, but I never liked it appearance. This one has a more sleep appearance. Installation went well. There is a little chrome flare piece on the inside of the throttle grip. Because of this I needed to shave the edge of the rubber friction ring insert to match the curvature...this to get the unit as close to the inside as possible. Squeezing the rubber was difficult at first. I tried to lubricate with some dish detergent at first, but got better results from Vaseline. I had to use the little plastic stretcher piece to span from the grip to the handlebar. It is pretty easy to use and does a good job. It feels like I have to stretch my thumb further than what is comfortable to operate the lock/unlock. I don't use it often, but the more I use it, the more comfortable I feel with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts