Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner here. 2014 valk black. First ride was 150 miles and I can already tell I鈥檓 going to like this machine. Smooth, strong and nimble with a cool kind of turbine whine to it馃槑. And it鈥檚 not one of the crowd, I like that it鈥檚 so different and rare by comparison.

On my list of improvements is something to lock the throttle for a little while so I can flex that right hand.

Recommendations from the group please. Links and pictures appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Registered
I used an OMNI-Cruise on a ride of 8000km in 4 days.

I've used them on a whole bunch of bikes and as a bonus they can be slipped on and off a bike in just seconds.

Registered
Me too with the Omni-cruise that Ox uses. I find I use it very intuitively now and like it a lot. Its beautifully engineered too and should last as long as I do. I believe there are copies out there and even plastic ones but I gave up on that approach years ago. Buy right, buy once is my motto these days.
PS...I don't use the rubber band they supply, just have mine straight on the grip. I find it's easier to adjust on the fly that way....YMMV

Registered
I use the same type of throttle lock as well. It's plastic without the adjustment and is only about $20. Works great.

Registered
I have an omni cruise as well. Lots of hills where I live so I am adjusting it pretty regularly but... it is nice to take your right hand of the throttle for a few minutes every once in awhile.

Registered
I use the Go Cruise 2 in Aluminum. It appears that the Omni cruise pictured above would be a better choice because of the size of the thumb-push. Go Cruise 2 is $ 32 on amazon.

Registered
vista

Just follow directions... pretty straight forward and quick install even for valk bar size. I checked utube video before mine arrived and helped a lot.

Registered
I bought the ez-cruise throttle lock didnt last one time of use. design seems like everyone else except the one I had cracked at the screw joint. needs thicker material to last. could be just the one I recived except I saw another purchacer with same issue. Im going to try the plastic one with no adjustment next.

Registered
I bought the ez-cruise throttle lock didnt last one time of use. design seems like everyone else except the one I had cracked at the screw joint. needs thicker material to last. could be just the one I recived except I saw another purchacer with same issue. Im going to try the plastic one with no adjustment next.
Omni-Cruise won't break, will still be working when you're pushing up daisies.

Registered

That's a shame. As Geepers says though the OMNI cruise will last.

For reference, here's a pic of the similar-looking EZ-Cruise:

Registered
Thanks, ya'll, for the advice. I ordered an omni-cruise earlier this week, upgrading from the $9.95 cramp buster which helped a lot, but also gets in the way a bit.

Registered
Like a lot of us I have Carpal Tunnel issues (manifested as numbness in the fingers from vibrations through the handlebars) and tried a Crampbuster. It didn't help because the vibes still transmit through the hand. In fact it might have even made it worse coz the very part of the hand where the Carpal Tunnel is rests on the Crampbuster! With the throttle lock I can rest my whole hand very lightly on top of the grip. I'm still near the brake if needed but don't get the vibes. Long term solution is to have the Carpal Tunnel Release procedure. As Ox has said, it's a pretty straightforward thing these days but as usual, you put it off due to inconvenience/cost. I must admit, I'm getting close though. The numbness issue is not only uncomfortable, it can be dangerous. And there's enough dangers attached to this pastime without adding a new one(!)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts