Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the person who suggested using Vaseline on the side cover posts and grommets. Finally solved the "pushing the grommets through" hassle! I'd used silicon spray without success prior to this. One thing I did though was take the three grommets out first and thoroughly clean the inside of them where they contact the bike to make it as grippy as possible in there. I also now press home the top post first (ie minimising the force required) as this was the grommet that always seemed to push through. Happy days! :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
You can put small zippy ties through the grommets as well as it will stop the actual grommets coming out which you don't want because if I remember the **** things are way more costly then they should be... been a while but I got zippy ties on mine.

Speaking of popping out. I heard it from a friend that if say you got silicon on those grommets and say you may be going like really fast that starts with a 2 and then say perhaps you are running into a gusty headwind both side covers could blow off but be trapped by your legs. Apart from that extreme example never had another problem.

So I have heard :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts