Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Dan, your bike looks gorgeous. I can tell you really put some effort into detailing it for this shot. Too bad it's leaking oil all over the ground, LOL! Just kidding - I know those are asphalt patches. But it looks like oil leaking out of the bike. I'm not usually a fan of custom paint jobs (though I do admire the designs and the effort that goes into them) but yours looks nice. The flames build in to, and blend with, the paint with subtlety, and when I first started watching your channel I didn't even notice them. Casper is looking good!

You inspire me to get the detailer out and get mine loking nice!

Richmonder

Reactions: Sixshooter

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
Is that paint? or a Wrap? either way very unique I'm a big fam of doing something ANYTHING with those side covers it really makes it pop

·
Registered
531 Posts
Beautiful motorcycle, nice tasteful job (y)

Did she start out in life as a blue n black, or did you add the black forks, grab rails, valve covers? Certainly a stunning head turner.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dan, your bike looks gorgeous. I can tell you really put some effort into detailing it for this shot. Too bad it's leaking oil all over the ground, LOL! Just kidding - I know those are asphalt patches. But it looks like oil leaking out of the bike. I'm not usually a fan of custom paint jobs (though I do admire the designs and the effort that goes into them) but yours looks nice. The flames build in to, and blend with, the paint with subtlety, and when I first started watching your channel I didn't even notice them. Casper is looking good!

You inspire me to get the detailer out and get mine loking nice!

Richmonder
Thanks Craig! I bought the bike from a listing on Cycletrader.com I wasn't enamored with the paint. I just wanted to get something I could put a lot of miles on. I was really just looking for the Valkyrie. I saw a review on the YouTube channel SRKCycles and I was totally impressed. (They also reviewed a Rune). The art is in the engineering of this bike. I know you guys love it too for that very reason. It is an amazing machine. Honda has done an incredible job. We have three Honda products in this family. My wife has a CRV, I have a Honda 928S snow thrower and the Valkyrie. They are all great products and we know we will get a life time of use out of them. I've come to admire the paint job over time. The guy that did put a lot of work into it. I know he had to disassemble a lot of parts to do it. I would have been just as happy without the paint job. It does turn a lot of heads though. I wonder if I can track him down to get a matching paint job on the snow thrower. 😂🤣😎😁

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that paint? or a Wrap? either way very unique I'm a big fam of doing something ANYTHING with those side covers it really makes it pop
It's paint. The original owner (I'm #3) owned a paint shop. Last summer in Durango, Colorado a Harley guy pulled up along side me and he had the exact same paint job!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beautiful motorcycle, nice tasteful job (y)

Did she start out in life as a blue n black, or did you add the black forks, grab rails, valve covers? Certainly a stunning head turner.
I'm really not sure about the original colors. I'm the third owner. The original owner had a paint shop. There are no traces of the original paint (that I can see) anywhere on the bike. The only thing I've added to it were the floor boards and the Air Hawk. I changed out the pegs for floorboards because I saw a YouTube review where a guy broke his foot on a peg. That can happen on any bike for sure. The floorboards are a little more comfortable on long rides too. They make for some awkward shifts for me sometimes too.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks Craig! I bought the bike from a listing on Cycletrader.com I wasn't enamored with the paint. I just wanted to get something I could put a lot of miles on. I was really just looking for the Valkyrie. I saw a review on the YouTube channel SRKCycles and I was totally impressed. (They also reviewed a Rune). The art is in the engineering of this bike. I know you guys love it too for that very reason. It is an amazing machine. Honda has done an incredible job. We have three Honda products in this family. My wife has a CRV, I have a Honda 928S snow thrower and the Valkyrie. They are all great products and we know we will get a life time of use out of them. I've come to admire the paint job over time. The guy that did put a lot of work into it. I know he had to disassemble a lot of parts to do it. I would have been just as happy without the paint job. It does turn a lot of heads though. I wonder if I can track him down to get a matching paint job on the snow thrower. 😂🤣😎😁
I'm a Honda machine guy too. Have two VTX's, a CTX 1300 and the Valk, a 30 year old Honda mower that looks good as new, and a Honda portable generator. I see generators for sale all the time at half the price and they always say "half the orice of a Honda". But they don't run as quietly, start as reliably, or crank out as clean a power as the Honda. I was perfectly fine with paying double for the Honda.

Richmonder

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a Honda machine guy too. Have two VTX's, a CTX 1300 and the Valk, a 30 year old Honda mower that looks good as new, and a Honda portable generator. I see generators for sale all the time at half the price and they always say "half the orice of a Honda". But they don't run as quietly, start as reliably, or crank out as clean a power as the Honda. I was perfectly fine with paying double for the Honda.

Richmonder
Nice! I have two Yamaha generators for my camper. They work fairly reliably. Almost always start on the first pull. But If I knew then what I know now, I would have gotten the Hondas. I have a commercial Snapper walk behind mower that's 40 years old that I use around the trim areas and a Cub Cadet riding mower. I bought the Cub because anytime I can ride is much better than walking and our lot is a fairly good size. I also hang a plow blade on in the winter. It gets used quite a bit. The reason I got a Cub primarily is because there's a Tractor Supply Company store not too far from us. Does Honda even make a riding mower? My neighbor across the street has a brand new Honda snow thrower with the treads instead of wheels and power chute control.... I have envy. Mine is a great machine but it has a hand crank to turn the chute. That thing throws the snow from one side of his driveway to the other side of yard and beyond. There are some pretty awesome videos of Honda snow throwers out there in YouTube. Do you even get snow in Richmond?....probably some.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Honda doesn't make a rider, strangely. Seems like that would be a logical product for them, but apparently there's a reason they don't. We get snow in Richmond. Most of the time, it's pretty light and melts off quickly. But we've had a few big ones. I was trying to get home to the Midwest for Christmas one year and had a flight to catch. I couldn't even get out of my driveway, so my neighbor took me to the airport in his four wheel drive. I got there and shortly after, they canceled my flight. Caught a cab home and the driver refused to get me closer than a mile from my house out of fear of getting stuck, so I had to walk home in deep snow for a mile, carrying my bags. That was fun. Richmond is always ill prepared for major snows, and anytime it's predicted, there's a run on the grocery stores for milk and bread, as if we're going to be marooned for a week. And my neighborhood is among the worst in the city as far as electric utility grid, and we lose power at the slightest windstorm. So I invested in a whole house generator after Hurricane Isabel left us without power for 13 days. That has been a nice luxury/necessity to have when the whole neighborhood goes black and I still have full functionality.

Richmonder

1 - 10 of 10 Posts