Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In anticipation of needing a portable, non-spill beverage container on the trip to Shenandoah National Park, I picked up this Thermos brand tumbler to keep cold water at the ready. Thermos is a brand that's always been reliable ever since I was a kid, and I liked the looks of it.

This item has a screw-off lid with a lever on it that opens and closes the drinking slits. On the underside of the cap there is a rubbery plastic expanding flange that seals it tight. The Thermos keeps drinks cold for 18 hours, or hot for 7 hours. It's double walled so there's almost no heat transfer in or out. Inside is stainless steel. It's just the right size for a bike cup holder, and although it bounced around a bit in my plastic holder, it was never at risk for falling out. And boy did it come in handy on the trip. Anytime I needed cold water, it was right there, ice cold. It holds up to 16 ounces. I never had to worry about it spilling out, and it was easy to get a quick sip with a flip of the lever.

It comes in 12 different exterior colors including stainless, and oddly the price varies by color. So I took the midnight blue option which was good looking and middle priced. It even has a tea bag hook in the cap if you want to brew tea.

This is one puurchase with which I am very pleased. Highly recommended.

Richmonder

·
Registered
530 Posts
I just saw this post Richmonder, Thanks for sharing. I recently used my old tumbler. It had issues due to the snap lock type seal as apposed to the nice slide action you have. Mine was difficult to open/close with one hand and messy. This is on my short list.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: Sixshooter

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sixshooter, and anyone else interested, you might find this daily deal of interest:

This is a deal site I look at daily, and they have all kinds of different stuff that changes every day, This looks like a hell of a value. I have dealt with the vendor numerous times over the years and they are very slow in delivering, but they stand behind their products and always deliver. So if you're looking for a cheap thermos, here's a great deal. If you're interested, act fast, because it will change to something else soon.

Richmonder

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sixshooter, and anyone else interested, you might find this daily deal of interest:

This is a deal site I look at daily, and they have all kinds of different stuff that changes every day, This looks like a hell of a value. I have dealt with the vendor numerous times over the years and they are very slow in delivering, but they stand behind their products and always deliver. So if you're looking for a cheap thermos, here's a great deal. If you're interested, act fast, because it will change to something else soon.

Richmonder
Craig,
Appreciate the link, never heard of them. Nice easy website, $5 bucks how can you go wrong?
Weather it works on the bike or not, I'll have a quality bottle cheap. These were produced with a company order and they are overstock...sold off cheap.
Thank you:)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
How much is shipping?
In this item's case, it's $1. You never know what this site will have. Sometimes it's clothes, sometimes electronics, sometimes food. They also have a daily text option that if you sign up, they send you a text each day with a private deal. I discovered this site years ago and have bought a lot of stuff from them. Like I said, they are very slow to deliver, often taking three or four weeks. But they deliver, and their customer support is very good. And, I kinda like the "F" on the side". If it had to have a letter, "F" was a good one. :p:cool:

They also send me a daily email with a whole list of items, located here:

Richmonder

(Earlier I indicated this had free shipping. I just realized it's $1. Sorry about that. Shipping is only free if you order 6 or more.)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Arrived today, thank you Richmonder (check also) The "F" is for Flat-Six. Nice quality, wide mouth accepts ice cubes

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Arrived today, thank you Richmonder (check also) The "F" is for Flat-Six. Nice quality, wide mouth accepts ice cubes

View attachment 12655
NICE! I just got mine as well. I ended up with the red one. Was hoping for the stainless, but oh well. It's nicely made and a perfect shape for the drink holder on the bike. You can't beat it for $6.50 shipped! That site often has a lot of junk for sale but every now and then they have something really useful like this. Glad you could take advantage. And I must say, this is one of the fastest shipping times I've ever experienced with them. It's still available on their aggregate deal page linked above at a silghtly higher price for anyone who still wants one.

Stay hydrated!

Richmonder

·
Registered
504 Posts
I also ordered one, not here yet I also spent an extra dollar on a mystery box, it will be interesting what it is.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice, we can all have the "Flat-Six" bottles. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also ordered one, not here yet I also spent an extra dollar on a mystery box, it will be interesting what it is.
I'll be curious to learn what that mystery box is. I've never taken them up on that deal and never will. I hope it's something worth having!

Richmonder

·
Registered
504 Posts
I received my bottle the other day and my mystery gift was an air freshener that looks like a Nintendo controller.
It wasn’t worth an extra dollar and I can’t find a place to hang it on the bike.
But I have wasted lots of money and got less out of it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I received my bottle the other day and my mystery gift was an air freshener that looks like a Nintendo controller.
It wasn’t worth an extra dollar and I can’t find a place to hang it on the bike.
But I have wasted lots of money and got less out of it.
You could hang it from the rear fender down low so you don't scratch the paint. You would not benefit from the wonderful fragrance in flight, although riders behind you would be thinking "Boy oh boy, JackB smells great"

I do like the bottle for the price, although I don't are for the lid. It's kind of cumbersome and binds on the rubber strap. Nice bottle for the truck or day bottle. Not convenient enough for the bike. Still a good deal and a nice bottle, filling it up now to head out for some yard work.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree there is some drag on the lid with the strap, and the lid itself drags a bit in the threads. I can live with that - no big deal. The fact that the lid doesn't fall off when you unscrew it is worth it ti me. For the money it was well worth it, and I am actively using mine. They still have some at a slightly higher price at the aggregate site if anyone is still interested:

Glad I didn't waste money on the mystery deal. A Nintendo air freshener would not have been my choice of extras, LOL!

Richmonder

·
Registered
530 Posts
Update. I went out to do yard work 3 hours ago put the bottle down in the shade at that time. The shade became full sun and I forgot I brought the bottle with me so when I picked it up just now about 3 hours later the metal was so hot I could barely touch it. I opened the bottle and it was ice cold and all the ice was still in it after 3 hours in the direct sun. I'm impressed, it does its job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts