Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You have to think too much. When you're parking, when you're stopping, you have to plan ahead a lot more than you would on a smaller, lighter bike. Sometimes I get jack of it because I don't want to work so hard. And of course when I do, this bike bites. Quickly. Can't bring myself to have two bikes though. Too scrooge to pay double holding costs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You have to think too much. When you're parking, when you're stopping, you have to plan ahead a lot more than you would on a smaller, lighter bike. Sometimes I get jack of it because I don't want to work so hard. And of course when I do, this bike bites. Quickly. Can't bring myself to have two bikes though. Too scrooge to pay double holding costs.
I'm sure if you had a smaller second bike you might just appreciate your Valk more...

·
Registered
159 Posts

I find it just he opposite, the Valk is an easy bike to handle and park. Sure you have to think about how you are going to park it, but that's the same with any vehicle. Bike is so well thought out and balanced it handles like a lighter bike. I ride mine every day and am still just as excited as the first time I got on it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I find it just he opposite, the Valk is an easy bike to handle and park. Sure you have to think about how you are going to park it, but that's the same with any vehicle. Bike is so well thought out and balanced it handles like a lighter bike. I ride mine every day and am still just as excited as the first time I got on it.

Agreed. Compared to my Road King, the Valk handles much better and easier. If you ride it every day it eventually feels like an extension of your body.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Agreed. Compared to my Road King, the Valk handles much better and easier. If you ride it every day it eventually feels like an extension of your body.
I love my tractor as much as the next guy,, but hey its just not the same thing as my f6c. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
"Sometimes I get jack of it..."

Yes, "get sick of it" is probably the closest translation. I guess it's just me reacting to my tip over the other day. With my previous bikes I would have been able to hold it up. Not this one. Once it starts going' over, it's goin' over. All I'm saying is that with heavy machines like this you have to be very vigilant about keeping it straight and upright when stopping - and WHERE YOU PLACE YOUR FEET. Especially on gravel(!) I love riding this magnificent thing as much as the next guy. Sometimes though I just want the freedom of NOT having to be so vigilant. The answer of course is a small, light bike. Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and have one in the garage next to the Big V. I must admit I'm kinda drawn to those new Husqvarnas:

https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/vitpilen/

·
Registered
547 Posts
Is that thing brand spankin'?
it 's brand spankin new! oh, you mean brand spankin like as in brand spankin? only if you want it to be.
I've been thru 8 hardley ablesomes and have contributed over $150k to their church.. while I no longer worship at their alter, you have to appreciate them for what they are. they make some pretty handsome farm equipment.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I love my tractor as much as the next guy,, but hey its just not the same thing as my f6c. /forum/images/smilies/cool.gif
Nice John Deere, Poncho. Here's my old reliable workhorse 3020.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
My Valk is much easier to maneuver in emergency situations than my GL1500 or my V-Star. Acceleration, braking, steering, everything is so much better compared to any bike I've ridden. I have 2 amazing luxury cars that I don't touch until it starts snowing. My Valk is my daily driver and I commute with it. It feels so much lighter than it actually is. Sure, I have to make sure to back into parking spots when there is an incline, but I do that with any bike that doesn't have a reverse gear. Even with a 600lb bike you have to think about how/where you park.

·
Registered
403 Posts
For me, the worst thing about my Valk is having to get off it and stop riding. I just love the freakin thing. I wish I could get out more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use mine to commute to work and back...then on Saturday and Sunday I have got to get my fun run in. It didn't take a week before everything became second nature. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Crap, I can park where those guys in their 4x4 pickups can't. I usually find a space marked for compacts. And when I come back to my Blue Beast there are usually 2-3 guys standing there gawking and asking all matter of questions. Glad I got the US motorcycle bargain of the decade.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Most overlooked bargain in a BIG bike out there. Set it up how you want .....blank slate! Even after luggage,windshield ......even real cruise control .....Thousands less than buying an F6B which is a bargain also compared to a full blown wing....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Four yrs, nearly 60,000 kms for daily commute to the city and weekend/longer rides. Yet to get sick of riding this bike, more worried about what comes next that can equal this. About to head east for a ride from Melbourne through the Snowy's, southern NSW highlands, Blue mountains, Victorian goldfields and alpine regions, finishing off with the Grampians and Gt Ocean Rd. Wifey will be on her VFR 800 CrossRunner. bout 4000km planned over 3 weeks, fitting in about as much twisty stuff as we have time for.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Four yrs, nearly 60,000 kms for daily commute to the city and weekend/longer rides. Yet to get sick of riding this bike, more worried about what comes next that can equal this. About to head east for a ride from Melbourne through the Snowy's, southern NSW highlands, Blue mountains, Victorian goldfields and alpine regions, finishing off with the Grampians and Gt Ocean Rd. Wifey will be on her VFR 800 CrossRunner. bout 4000km planned over 3 weeks, fitting in about as much twisty stuff as we have time for.
Awesome. Look out for Ox ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
more worried about what comes next that can equal this.
Same problem. Wifey rides a Triunph and keeps nagging me to trade the Valk on a 'bike with some class' but I just can't bring myself to do it. Don't get me wrong the modern Triumphs are awesome bikes, BUT THEY AIN'T A VALKYRIE!

I'm telling her i'll swap when the weight of the Valk becomes too much, and with my seventh decade approaching next year it might be sooner than later unfortunately.

Here's a pic of Wifey on her bobber and the 2 bikes side by side.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts