Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've owned several bikes over the last twenty or so years and the Valkyrie beats them all. It does so many things very well! The Clark Kent analogy is fitting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't think of my Valkyrie as Clark Kent. I think of it as a lost cousin of a Go-Bot that will one day transform and destroy my garage...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have owned several bikes over the years. The Valkyrie is a decent bike, however it is, in my opinion, not the do it all bike many claim. It has terrible aftermarket support and the saddlebags that Honda made for it just don't really go well with the overall design of the bike. The front of the bike is beautiful, but it is almost like a different design team handled everything from the seat backwards. And the seat! Horribly uncomfortable for more than any ride over 1 hour long.

The motor is the crowning achievement of this bike. It pulls everywhere in the rev band. I wish it had a higher rev limit and I think it could benefit from an extra gear, but the motor is awesome and I can life with it as it is.

Sure, it is a great bike for what it is, but I can see why dealerships are giving them away these days ($9999 for a bike originally listed at $17,999!!!!) And at under $10k it is pretty much a bargain. It is surprisingly agile and decently quick.

It does not lend itself to overnight trips as tank bags don't really fit, saddlebags don't really add anything to the style etc.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have owned several bikes over the years. The Valkyrie is a decent bike, however it is, in my opinion, not the do it all bike many claim. It has terrible aftermarket support and the saddlebags that Honda made for it just don't really go well with the overall design of the bike. The front of the bike is beautiful, but it is almost like a different design team handled everything from the seat backwards. And the seat! Horribly uncomfortable for more than any ride over 1 hour long.

The motor is the crowning achievement of this bike. It pulls everywhere in the rev band. I wish it had a higher rev limit and I think it could benefit from an extra gear, but the motor is awesome and I can life with it as it is.

Sure, it is a great bike for what it is, but I can see why dealerships are giving them away these days ($9999 for a bike originally listed at $17,999!!!!) And at under $10k it is pretty much a bargain. It is surprisingly agile and decently quick.

It does not lend itself to overnight trips as tank bags don't really fit, saddlebags don't really add anything to the style etc.

It does take some work to get it to fit you, but it is worth it in the end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Get the Corbin after market hard saddle bags. They are color matched and look phenomenal. And get the Corbin heated seat. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Get the Corbin after market hard saddle bags. They are color matched and look phenomenal. And get the Corbin heated seat. Very comfortable.
The Corbin bags are expensive ($2000) and relatively useless due to the shape of their doors...

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Corbin bags are expensive ($2000) and relatively useless due to the shape of their doors...[/QUOTE said:
Useless? If what you’re carrying doesn’t fit in bags, then you probably need 4 wheels under you

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm not a bag man. Trips? Of course you need them... then!

The engine is my reason for wanting this one. The ride performance is great compared to the vtx1800 previously. The seat now has a pad which helps but I'll change it eventually. I'm still not crazy about peg location so I'll need highway pegs for better comfort and to ugly up the valk some. :D

I'm still getting used to the lack of pipe noise and I do enjoy changing gears when I feel like it because it doesn't seem to care when I do. I love the brakes.

I've only ridden a couple of times since I've had it and this guy approached me over the weekend and ask me what it was. He talked my ear off. I've got to get used to that. :laugh:

The roads here are awful however, this machine is more comfortable(than vtx) hitting the tons of bumps and occasional pothole that I didn't see.

I do not like location of gear shift. Too close to the bike. I'll see if I can modify. I've put a throttle lock on it and love it along with a cramp buster.

I've washed it one time. While it was not too difficult, valk has lots of nooks and crannies.

Finally! I put the OEM shield on last night. Not a big deal until I got to actually screwing in the shield with the rubber well nuts included. I kept thinking I need a screw on the other side to lock it in. For the life of me I could not figure out, these did not work like that. I was pretty flustered and so finally just started screwing them in and saw how it crushed the rubber on the other side to hold shield into place. I've never seen anything like that. I am not very good at wrenching! :|

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm not a bag man. Trips? Of course you need them... then!

. I'm still not crazy about peg location so I'll need highway pegs for better comfort and to ugly up the valk some. :D

:|
I didn't like the peg situation myself so I installed floorboards with a heel/toe shifter. It is much better now...at least for me.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I love this shield. Big bug hit it soon as got on bike. I think I’ll get some boards. For first time I rode without ear plugs since installing shield and had trouble shifting cause I could here changes. Duh!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Compare anything else in the price bracket these bikes are getting purchased for, untouchable in my opinion. I paid 12500 for mine equipped with Honda bags, windshield, backrest, sissy bar, passenger floorboards, and cruise pegs. I was willing to do a custom seat at a local shop and new grips. Nothing I can think of brand new compares and then you have the warranty and that great big motor. I've ridden a lot of bikes, I have to say it's my favorite all rounder so far.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am very proud of this valk. I seriously hope that it will be very last one I own. I’m pretty sure there will be all kinds of new bikes coming in the coming years but sure there will be a big price. This may very well be the one I needed six machines ago but it had not yet existed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts