Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preaching to the converted, I know, but some rides you just get overcome with what a beautiful work of art this motor is. It's so smooth it's hard to believe all the "violence" that is going on inside it. We try to make our bikes works of art but it's already there. Honda's engineers can be justifiably proud of something that is totally unique in the world of motorcycling. Are we lucky to have one or what? I'm hoping to ride mine until it looks like grandpa's hammer. Dings and scratches from falling over, scuffed paint from knees against the tank, faded finishes from the hot Aussie sun. They're all life marks and have their own kind of beauty. "It's the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live" (Amanda McBroom, The Rose).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Geepers
I have to agree with you on the motor. Most or all of my previous motorcycles had only one ir two cylinders. I always prefered simpler is better. Never bought into the 4 cylinder craze of the 60's and 70's. Back then with points and carb balancing issues seemed like to much bother. Today its difficult to find an uncomplicated machine. Throttle by wire, engine sensors, can bus electrical systems. So if it's got to be complicated i went with the mfg that is one of the leaders in complicated.
I was looking for a motorcycle that was a little lighter, had more suspension, easier throttle and brake controls. I found it in the Valkyrie and bonus, water cooled flat six with stump pulling power. Four years deep and still impressed.

Reactions: Mary Jane

·
Registered
133 Posts
rode a CB750 until the 1st Goldwing came out and i was immediately in love with the engine. the 1975 was way faster than the 76-79 BTW and i loved that bike. have owned 5 GW's but they got to big for me as i hated the thrown , home entertainment center and storage units . all that weight made me dislike my CL1500 Aspencade at over 900 Lbs with the needed reverse. it was no fun at all around town . this valkyrie is the finest machine i have ever owned with 2 wheels

Attachments

Reactions: Geepers

·
Registered
469 Posts
rode a CB750 until the 1st Goldwing came out and i was immediately in love with the engine. the 1975 was way faster than the 76-79 BTW and i loved that bike. have owned 5 GW's but they got to big for me as i hated the thrown , home entertainment center and storage units . all that weight made me dislike my CL1500 Aspencade at over 900 Lbs with the needed reverse. it was no fun at all around town . this valkyrie is the finest machine i have ever owned with 2 wheels
Love the old Bronco in the background.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I was mile from house yesterday and it went dead. Looked at console and saw the oil can light on. I figured I must have accidentally hit the shut off button. Turned key off/back on and started right up. I was on my way to full afternoon of fun in the sun. That bad boy was flying!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts