Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to go to tapered steering bearing on my 2012 Goldwing to correct severe wobbling after hitting huge road imperfection on the interstate. Have any of you needed to go to tapered bearings on the F6C?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Not that I'm aware of, at least the FC's I ride with would be a no. One friend with a Goldwing Tour model has, as well as some type of steering linkage? I'm not familiar wing the newer Wings or this "linkage" he had to replace.
To answer your question, the F6C appears to be pretty much trouble free with the normal maint. required.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that I'm aware of, at least the FC's I ride with would be a no. One friend with a Goldwing Tour model has, as well as some type of steering linkage? I'm not familiar wing the newer Wings or this "linkage" he had to replace.
To answer your question, the F6C appears to be pretty much trouble free with the normal maint. required.
Thanks, Sixshooter. I hope my 2015 is equally reliable and trouble-free.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If that had been an issue with the '04-'15 Valkyries, let alone an Achilles Heel of any kind, we would have heard about it on the forums by now. These bikes are like tanks, in a good way.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If that had been an issue with the '04-'15 Valkyries, let alone an Achilles Heel of any kind, we would have heard about it on the forums by now. These bikes are like tanks, in a good way.
Good to hear...thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have All Balls Tapered bearings installed on both my 2013 F6B and my 2014 Goldwing Valkyrie. I live half the year in the mountains of western Carolina and both bikes when driven hard were giving me the "wobble". I had already dealt with it on the F6B and knew that changing to tapered bearings would alleviate the problem so when the wobble appeared the first time on the Valkyrie I changed them too. It makes the bike track better, tightens up the steering and just makes the bike more stable. Like when you get rid of a set of tired tires and install a new set on your bike. The bearings are cheap and the Valkyrie was a lot easier to change than the F6B was. I have 50k on the F6B since installed and 10k on the Valkyrie since installed and both are still rock solid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have All Balls Tapered bearings installed on both my 2013 F6B and my 2014 Goldwing Valkyrie. I live half the year in the mountains of western Carolina and both bikes when driven hard were giving me the "wobble". I had already dealt with it on the F6B and knew that changing to tapered bearings would alleviate the problem so when the wobble appeared the first time on the Valkyrie I changed them too. It makes the bike track better, tightens up the steering and just makes the bike more stable. Like when you get rid of a set of tired tires and install a new set on your bike. The bearings are cheap and the Valkyrie was a lot easier to change than the F6B was. I have 50k on the F6B since installed and 10k on the Valkyrie since installed and both are still rock solid.
That's great input, BobR24...thanks. Good to hear of your experience. I'm prepared to do the same when the time appears right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts