Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that I came off a sport bike to this I am now struggling to find a tank bag type storage solution. I carry a bottle of water, ear plugs, sunglasses, sunscreen, small bottle of water spray, a couple of microfiber towels and my phone in my tank bag. Until I get some sort of saddlebag, what type of tank type storage do you guys use?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I use a Cortech 2.0 tail bag on rear seat as well. Carries my wallet, cellphone, headphones and bungees. On road trips, I install my removable nylon saddlebags and I use a Coleman Magnetic Motorcycle Tank Bag as well. It has a clear cover on the lid which is great for notes and maps and has room for my 35mm DSLR, wallet, cellphone and candy bar. Carries almost as much as my tail bag.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use a Cortech 2.0 tail bag on rear seat as well. Carries my wallet, cellphone, headphones and bungees. On road trips, I install my removable nylon saddlebags and I use a Coleman Magnetic Motorcycle Tank Bag as well. It has a clear cover on the lid which is great for notes and maps and has room for my 35mm DSLR, wallet, cellphone and candy bar. Carries almost as much as my tail bag.
How does the Coleman bag look on there? This is what I have currently and I hate it. Everything in the bag falls to the back of the bag.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got mine on Amazon for about $30. Padded inside, strong magnets, comes with rain cover and soft padding where it touches the tank. To avoid scratches just in case, I put invisible 3M protective film over the tank where it contacts the bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got mine on Amazon for about $30. Padded inside, strong magnets, comes with rain cover and soft padding where it touches the tank. To avoid scratches just in case, I put invisible 3M protective film over the tank where it contacts the bag.
Yours looks much smaller than mine. Maybe what I need to do is get a smaller one. I don't want to have a tail bag all the time, but living in Florida, the bottle of water and sunscreen are essential. I have been overheated while riding once before and got to a stop light and couldn't hold the bike up. Didn't even realize how bad it was while actually moving. Dropped the bike I was on at the light and someone had to help me pick it up and move me off the road. Sad thing is that I was literally right in front of my destination....or that could be a good thing depending how you look at it. Took about two hours to recover before I felt well enough and hydrated enough to ride home. About 2.5 hours from the house. Stopped a few times to drink some gatorade on the way home.

I can't take a chance on that happening again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts