Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm searching for a good, low profile tank bag that I can use to store a few essentials and also mount my Iphone so I can use it as the GPS. I'm not finding much on line. Anyone have a set up you like that stays put without scratching the paint? Thanks in advance.
After only a few weeks of ownership I like the bike but man there is not much available out there for tweaking it. To be expected I guess with so few of them around.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a variety of magnetic tank bags, but one issue I encounter is the wind can lift the bag off of the tank despite the neodymium magnets. The top magnet has nothing to attach to because the chrome cover is not magnetic. The solution to this seems to be to make sure you have enough weight in the bag.

·
Registered
547 Posts
my tank bag has 4 magnets, each 2-3" diameter. while not quite rare earth type. still they are more than capable. even pushing it forward, 3 of 4 mags are on the tank. zero wind issues.
but I do have a fairing, so that helps.

·
Registered
276 Posts
For the phone mount, I have http://vibrelli.com/warranty/ Universal 5 year warranty purchased via Amazon $16.22 . I also had a tank bag from cyclegear that had magnets but also grommets on the sides that I used to run a color matching bungy under the tank for extra insurance. The problem is that in Texas, you ARE going to get a little dust under it after a few miles, and that means a scratched tank. I did love that it had a clear map pocket on the top that was handy for directions or notes. Thought about putting a soft cloth under it, but I imagined road grit would still get under that too.:|

Reactions: captain

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've also seen sort of a string of pockets that mounts to the back of windscreen, near the bottom of course, looked handy for small stuff. Oh, for the phone, seriously consider handbar mounted versus tank so that you're not having to look down for navigation screen.

Reactions: captain
1 - 9 of 9 Posts