Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone up for 318 curves in 11 miles?

I'm thinking about putting together a ride to the Gap in April for a a few friends that have never been. Probably ride up on Friday and get rooms at the two wheel inn for 2 nights.

If you have not been there, put it on your bucket list.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
June 18 - 21, the Tail of the Dragon will hear the roar of 6 cylinder Honda Motorcycles. This will be the location for the 2015 National CBX rally. I will be there for sure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can you post a ride map? I assume you ride more than 11 miles, I'd like to see what else you include. Can't make April, but might be rolling nearby sometime this summer...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks SuperJim! When we come through, we normally stay in Gatlinburg. Looks like it would be a nice, but long day ride to loop from Gatlinburg over to Cherokee, back west through the Tail of the Dragon, then return via Happy Valley / Foothills Parkway.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Jim, I hit your 300+ curves passing through last week. Man, was I wishing I was riding rather than driving - but it was still a good time in the car. We are already planning a trip to bring the Valk and hang in that neck of the woods for a few days. Might need to raft that white water we passed or maybe get some fishing in while we're there.

We drove south, through Tallulah Gorge, and the entire drive was a real pleasure. Twice, we pulled over to let few bikes by - some of the riders we encountered were hittin' it harder than what I would dare.

I wouldn't have discovered this without your post, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
We had a great weekend riding our Unrestored, 16,000 mile, 1980 CBX on the Tail of the Dragon. There were 22 classic CBX's total in attendance. Here's a few pics.

Me and Donna slaying the Dragon: Yep that's original paint.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Awesome bikes, wish I kept it.
I bought mine new in 1979. The minute I saw it I had to have it.
I ended up selling it not long after this picture was taken, got in a ton of trouble on it.>:D Plus I was just recently married with a new baby in the house.

Here is a picture I scanned of me during a trip to Canada, Quebec City if I remember right.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah yes and the Shoei sport faring. I had the 79 750, silver, with that faring....I couldn't afford the CBX in 79. Nothing sounds like the CBX at 10,000 rpm!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Early Sunday morning ride on the Dragon.
Anyone interested in planning a F6C Deal's Gap meet in September?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts