Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suzuki stayed with a more traditional looking muscle cruiser as opposed to say Yamaha or Honda. the effect is that it may look a little like an old woman in a young girls skirt...

Regardless for $14,299 you get a similar 1783cc V Twin and a shaft driven final gear..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't think that it looks that bad. I am not a fan of the front fairing, but the main body of the bike looks pretty standard.

What exactly do you guys find so repulsive about this bike's design?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think once it's in all black I'll like it more. I have to say it's a nice attempt by Suzuki.
It already looks pretty black to me. Do you mean that you want to see it with less chrome?

The thing that I don't like is the exhaust pipes, especially all in chrome. There are plenty of replacement exhausts that you could find that would solve the problem though.

I don't think this is going to take much market share from Honda and the Valkyrie though.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It already looks pretty black to me. Do you mean that you want to see it with less chrome?

The thing that I don't like is the exhaust pipes, especially all in chrome. There are plenty of replacement exhausts that you could find that would solve the problem though.

I don't think this is going to take much market share from Honda and the Valkyrie though.
It's just my opinion but I would rather see it with no chrome, black out the chrome.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a New 08' M109R,

I also had a New 08' C109RT 900-lbs HEAVY!! and it feel it while riding.

Straight line is great, but It does not like turns at speed.

they are both a handful to ride, 32mpg is the best you can get out of them,

and they are heavy, and handling, is Not that good once moving at a good clip.

They kind of like to go straight once moving quickly, I almost ended up in a ditch a few times, they just dont like going around turns very well.

The poor high speed handling may be do in part to the VERY Wide rear wheel/tire, it is too wide for good handling.

Suzuki stayed with a more traditional looking muscle cruiser as opposed to say Yamaha or Honda. the effect is that it may look a little like an old woman in a young girls skirt...

Regardless for $14,299 you get a similar 1783cc V Twin and a shaft driven final gear..

Reactions: wgold9722

·
Registered
1 Posts
C109 v F6c

Hi Just passing thru. Yep had a C109 and loved the power, hated the handling. Bought a Yam 1900 Roadliner, more linear power, better handling but still not confidence inspiring. Next will be a F6c and I think then I will be a happy man.

·
Registered
45 Posts

I'm not sure what the Valkyrie market share constitutes, but my F6C is a rare bird in my neighborhood - and I like it that way.

The 109R is slick overall, but I'd dismantle that fairing before I'd ride it. And it's gotta have a seat for the lady. Regardless, I suspect it will take a few years for I get interested in another ride, my infatuation with the Valkyrie owns me for now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2011 M109

I traded in my 2011 M109 for my 2014 F6C. The "9" is a great bike for what it is and considering it's price point. I always thought it had very good handling for being such a big bull of a bike. I liked the unique styling because even though it is a V-twin it didn't come off as a Harley knock off. It's power and braking ability is on par with the F6C, but the cruiser "clamshell" seating position and the limited cornering clearance left a lot to be desired. I tried to put saddlebags on it, but traditional cruiser bags looked really funky. I finally found a bag from Raven that covered the rear seat cowel without looking too big, and that gave me the cargo capacity I needed for day rides. I'll always be glad I had the chance to own my 9, but it didn't meet my needs nearly as well as my Valkyrie does. Ride safe.
DougT

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have to agree I've had the "9" and a VROD and by far the F6C is a much better, smoother, more refined ride then both. Much more comfy to ride and better seating position.

Here's my former power cruisers:

VROD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts