Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blackjack1$
I have a question concerning "Garage Image" - after several email exchanges with Angela B / site support. Angela referred me here to seek help and post this question. I noticed a few other folks may have had the same issue. Please forgive me if I have overlooked discussion of this issue, searches resulted in 0 results. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I have posted pictures, in forum on threads, photo album, and downloaded avatar, all successfully. I have re-sized the size of photo from 2.55 MB to as low as 79 KB, it's the "Garage image" that seems to be where I am unable to upload a photo, jpeg, etc.
At add Garage image, I go through the process, browse my PC folders/files, upload selection, submit and end up with a small Icon of a X or ?. Where the dialogue box open and shows: "URL to image" http://www" I am not entering anything or changing anything, am I suppose to enter something here ? - I would think this remains the same or automatically fills.

Again - I have been successfully uploading from my PC picture folders everywhere else on the site, but the "Garage Image" is where I am failing. I have also tried from my Mac pro, and different browsers with no success at the "garage image" Thanks in advance for any instruction.

·
Super Moderator
188 Posts
I think we might have a bug here. I just tried to upload an image from my iPad and got nothing. I'll try reaching out to the admins.

·
Administrator
155 Posts
Hi there,

I was able to upload images to my garage successfully on Chrome. Which browsers are you using and are you using any browser extensions?

Fergus

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply(s), No extensions.
1.) Hewlett Packard PC, Windows 10, Internet Explorer, Internet Edge.
2.) Mac Pro, Safari.
I just tried Google Chrome on PC, JPG file, 123kb, 640x480. Garage, changes from "add image" to "Honda F6C with an Icon of X" no photo, click "Honda F6C" and dialog box asks: are you sure you want to delete this image.
http://www.f6cforum.com/forum/images/dto_garage/users/9498/3058t_1.jpg
Support - Angela B, covered this as well - seems difficult to determine cause. I can do w/o garage, was hoping it was an easy "operator" error to identify. Interesting to have success on the other items, albums, thread drag and drop, etc. Open to suggestions. Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
155 Posts
Hello there,

I would suggest you clear your caches and cookies and redo the process.
I uploaded your image to my garage without any problem.
This is the steps I took:
My Garage > Add Vehicle > Add Image under Garage Image > Attach photo > Save Changes

Best regards,

Ed

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys,

looking at this thread, a wolf, grizzly, and Stormtrooper - I had to chuckle, there's got to be a joke in there somewhere

I cleared caches & cookies on both PC & Mac Pro - the process you described "add image to garage" is the same as I have been doing and tried again. Again with no result other than a icon ? or X. I also tried to load a smaller copy of this pic to my profile image and there it loaded just fine. In all the various areas you can upload an image the process works except for the garage. As the garage is the only place the upload process opens a dialog box showing "URL to Image" do I need to be concerned with this or is it an auto fill once an image is selected? F6cadmin - alias Ed, I do appreciate your time and suggestions and remain open to trying. I'll research the issue as well and see if I can make further adjustments on my end.
For the collective good of the Borg - Have a great holiday

Attachments

·
Administrator
155 Posts
Hmm...I just tried and was able to add a garage image. Just to clarify your earlier question, you do not need to fill in the "URL to Image" box if you have used the "Choose File" button to select your image. It's basically just giving you the option of how you'd like to add your image.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried other file types besides jpg? Technically, that should be sufficient, I'm just curious if your tried other formats as well.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Erik,

I gave a png a try, same results. I also tried the jpg ED said he was able to take from the attached jpg, same results. Looking at "copy image address" this comes up:
(copy image address results in this)
Error 404 - Not Found
The requested URL /forum/images/dto_garage/users/9498/3234t_1.jpg was not found on this server.

Attachments

·
Administrator
155 Posts
Did some more testing, this time with a test account with the same set up as yours, and finally was able to recreate this. Nothing on your end, all on ours.

Filing a ticket to have this looked into

Case #2828103

Kevin

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Success

Ok - So what do you get when you put a Grizzly, Wolf, & Stormtrooper to task.
A Galactic Counsel spanning ancient to futuristic infinite wisdom - Ahhhh alas Success.

Hats off to "Administrator(s)"
Thanks for hanging in there, patience and perseverance, especially working with my limited feedback.

Live long and prosper

1 - 12 of 12 Posts