Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced this? When I turn the fork side to side, there is a squeaking noise like something is rubbing. I had my dealer look at it while it was being serviced but they weren't much help.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Has anyone else experienced this? When I turn the fork side to side, there is a squeaking noise like something is rubbing. I had my dealer look at it while it was being serviced but they weren't much help.
Every... Single... One... of these bikes does this, if what you're hearing is what I think it is. The way the cables are routed, something is rubbing on something, and we all have the same issue. Watch a few videos of guys who own these, and you'll hear it on theirs too. At about the 6:40 point on this one you can hear it:

Honda Valkyrie Dropped! - YouTube

Nothing to be concerned about.

Richmonder

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well, that’s good to hear...I think. I’m happy to know there’s nothing wrong, but it bugs the heck out of me.
I suspect it bugs all of us. Just one of the bike's quirks. Like those frame welds and the exhaust tip "bandaids". I suppose you could wrap some masking tape or something around some of the cables until you resolve it. But we basically just have to live with it.

Richmonder

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just did a forum search (which, I know, I should have done initially) and found this thread from 2017.

One poster claims to have found the source of the noise...and a solution. I’m going to try it, and I’ll report back.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes, allegedly the cables were they route behind the headlight will rub on the plastic causing that squeak noise. Others claim if you spray it with a silicone spray it will help with your squeaking noise. Let us know if that works out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, allegedly the cables were they route behind the headlight will rub on the plastic causing that squeak noise. Others claim if you spray it with a silicone spray it will help with your squeaking noise. Let us know if that works out.
I used silicon spray on it this morning and the squeak is gone! I'm not sure for how long. It may need occasional reapplication, but it's quiet for now. I just sprayed the general area behind the headlight and under the speedometer.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Great news! Quick easy cheap fix.
Thanks for sharing your results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts