Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to recall someone else talking about this(?) When I'm stationary, engine off, and waggle the bars gently back and forth there's a "squawking rubber" sound. It only started today after 30,000km. If anyone else has same thing and found cause/solution...

Danke schoen.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Geepers I found a squawking sound from the throttle and brake cables rubbing on the hard plastic behind the chrome headlight shroud.

Pushing the cable rearward whilst turning the bars confirmed the source of the noise as it disappeared with pushing and reappeared when I let go. A bit of thin rubber sheet poked in under the plastic edge fixed the problem.

·
Registered
547 Posts
all the plastic on the front end of this sled Squaks like a duck everytime you touch the bars. My 14 California goose had the same plastic disease but it was at the waist side covers. I took all the plastic headlamp and fork leg crap off my f6c. it no longer Squaks no matter how much I turn the bars.. It IS all that plastic. don't believe me because your in love with it. remove your headlamp assembly and see if you can make it squak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts