Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live out in the country so my bike is ridden through a lot of dust and dirt. I also like to ride my bike more than I like washing it, so I rarely wash it.

I have been wiping the dust/dirt off of the speedometer screen with my leather gloves. The dust seems to be attracted to the screen.

I washed the bike yesterday and I noticed a lot of little scratches on the speedometer screen. I can't see them when the bike is on, but maybe it is just a matter of time? The scratches are very noticeable when the bike is off, especially when the sun is angled right.

I plan to clean the screen off a little more often and I won't be using my leather gloves anymore!

Too bad they don't make a screen protector for it, like they do for cell phone screens!

As you can see in this link, the screen isn't cheap!

http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/fi...=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2014&fveh=206988

·
Registered
96 Posts
that is a good idea, Xyzzy.
Maybe the screen protector for one of the larger "phablet" (phone/tablet) phones would be big enough to trim down for use on the F6C readout ?
We'd just need a F6C template, which shouldn't be too hard.
hmmmmm...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same here. I see the same scratches on speedometer too. I think it is too late to put protective film on mine but there are some protective films that could be found at Amazon with no particular size (those that you have to cut to your size). Then to be sure that screen is accurately covered I think the top chrome cover (speedometer frame) needs to be removed (so you will just cut the film approximately to screen size) and then installed back after the film is on the screen so cover will hide all uneven lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts