Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone.
Here is the issue that makes me crazy ;)

I've noticed that speedometer position against front wheel is not straight. It turned to the right a little bit. The problem is that I can see that only while riding. Once bike stopped then there is no way to see misalignment.

I've removed the speedometer to check for some issues with handlebar or its mounts or anything similar but I do not see anything wrong. The speedometer mounts itself do not have any adjustments unless you want to get drill involved >:D. I was able to align a bit but it is still noticeable.

I'm wondering if anyone else noticed the same issue and if there are any ideas to fix it.
Thanks. K.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I always notice alignment issues and can tell you I don't experience this on my Valkyrie. I'd ask Honda to take a look. They can adjust if needed. Or maybe they'll tell you you're cross-eyed :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Kyryll, what was your solution for this? My new valk is off, speedo leans slightly left when driving straight. I think it is handlebar issue but I'm curious how you fixed your alignment.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kyryll, what was your solution for this? My new valk is off, speedo leans slightly left when driving straight. I think it is handlebar issue but I'm curious how you fixed your alignment.
Unfortunately I was not able to find 100 % solution. Yes it is handlebar issue and it's rubber mounts that can be twisted because of bike sitting on shop flour with wheel turned left (when I started the thread I said that my speedometer goes to the right but it is go the left as well actually :)). It will definitely get better after several rides. When you use front breaks handlebar seeks for correct position. After a couple of months my speedo gets 95% straight which is much better than it was. Sometimes when I notice it I just twist speedo to the right (it moves on mounts a little bit) during stops and it stays straight for some time but then still returns to 95%.

There is no much of speedo adjustment if you remove bolts. And I never tried handlebar adjustment since I did not find the way to lock front wheel that guaranties 100 straight position.

2 dealerships refused to do anything about it saying that it is common issue with rubber mounts and it is 'normal'.

Hope that helps and if you find some solution please share.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kyryll, If that makes you crazy, then you probably shouldn't leave the house!:laugh:
There are a lot things that makes me crazy in the house too :)

I just expect more attention to details in such pretty pricey toy (I got mine for 16k in october 2014) . If the price would be around 5K I would not care if speedometer or pipes are even included. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Kyryll. I'll have Honda look a it. My black valk was never out of alignment for 9000 miles, so if they tell me it is normal I'll call 'em on that. Fortunate for me, I have two Honda shops, one is real good to help out and I may find out shortly if the other is, too. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts