Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever noticed this problem? When my friends who owns Valkyrie 1500 rolls at 115km / h my speedometer shows 123km / h. A whole difference. My Garmin GPS shows pretty much the same thing. I own a Goldwing Valkyrie 2014.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There was a class action suit against Honda cars years back for optimistic speedometer/odometers that read to high. It involved a warranty claim. The defendents won. Most Japenese motorcycles used to read 3 to five mph faster than they were traveling. I think they are better today. My Harleys were more accurate. If i showed the difference on gps they usually dismissed this. OK. Cannot make them drink the water.

·
Registered
547 Posts
when mfgs went to all electronic systems then they were able to modify / calibrate such things as Speedo and other data. Most bikes now get their Input signal from the Transmission Output shaft.. earlier systems utilized mechanical Fixed Ratio devices usually from the front axle. With Electronic Systems most new Instrument gauges can be switched between American and Metric units. it just requires going thru the Set Up program. this should also allow you to calibrate speedo error if you change tire sizes.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Went by one of those "Your Speed" things about an hour ago and it was exactly what the speedo was reading so I'm good

·
Registered
547 Posts
Went by one of those "Your Speed" things about an hour ago and it was exactly what the speedo was reading so I'm good
f6, good as in legal or good as in accurate? the higher the speed the more accurate the measurement is. more data, bigger sample for the system to process.

·
Registered
133 Posts
just shows the US models are faster than the Canadian models ......

Reactions: Geepers

·
Registered
547 Posts
just shows the US models are faster than the Canadian models ......
well them metric guys are use to all things being smaller so they have to use bigger numbers to ease their insecurities. 100kmh is a mere 62mph. so they may actually be faster but we are definitely bigger. poncho

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had my Valk for just over a month or so and have been noticing my speedometer showing a speed of up to 5km’s or about 3mi/h higher then those radar speed indicators on road sides. I installed a Zūmo 595 today and it also shows a difference in speed of about the same or even more at high speed. I’m wondering if this is a known issue and if a fix is available for this. I’m running a stock tire on the front and a Metzler GT on the back. Jsphs

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't think I would worry about 3MPH ..... :) My old VTX had an electronic system for speedometer & was off an average of 5MPH .Some people couldn't sleep due to worring about it & bought a "Speedohealer" I never let it worry me. The last 8 or so years I owned the VTX I ran a GPS so it was a non issue...... Rod

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I already wrote about that and mine show a difference of 7km an hour at 115km on my GPS and the Valk show 122 km. Yes the speedometer is not accurate and and do not believe that km versus mph is different.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts