Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I sold my Valkyrie this morning, bitter/sweet but no tears. The first time in my life since age 15 I'm without motorcycle. I'm not sure what the next chapter will bring, I'm not even sure what I want. I am looking and like some of what I see from all manufacturers.

I want to say Thank you to all here who has made this a most memorable and pleasing experience. This is a great group that does well keeping on motorcycle related topics.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
782 Posts
Whaaaaaa...? Say it isn't so! Man! I'm gonna miss you around here, Doug. You've been a good contributor and friend. Please stop in and let us know what you wind up with. I'm curious what you got for yours if you don't mind sharing, and what your mileage was.

For me, the only bike I would consider replacing the Valk with is the Gold WIng base model. I'm a Honda guy after years of reliable performance from all of their products ranging from lawn mowers to generators to motorcycles. And that would be the only move I could see making for me. That engine is incredible and bulletproof, powerful as can be and more than I ever need, and I like my gadgets. Unless there comes a point where I'm less physically able, and need to downsize, that's the next option for me.

Best of luck to you. Please check in with us now and then.

Richmonder

Reactions: Sixshooter

·
Registered
149 Posts
I sold my Valkyrie this morning, bitter/sweet but no tears. The first time in my life since age 15 I'm without motorcycle. I'm not sure what the next chapter will bring, I'm not even sure what I want. I am looking and like some of what I see from all manufacturers.

I want to say Thank you to all here who has made this a most memorable and pleasing experience. This is a great group that does well keeping on motorcycle related topics.

Ride Safe
WHAT??????? April fools is over! Are you getting out of riding all together?? This is a big surprise. Yep going to miss you man!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Here's the deal... Short story, I still have my bike.

Long story,
I used three different advertising platforms, first one I cancelled due to "Tire Kickers" and very low-ball offers wasting my time. The second platform was the same, after paying for the third, I cancelled my add after the first caller.
My bike was listed hundreds below average market value as reported by NADA used motorcycle values and KBB used motorcycle values. I was also listed less than any of the other 5 Valkyries currently listed in my state and mine with less mileage and over 3k in accessories included for free. My price was fair and firm and stated that in my add. Why would one make stupid offers when it clearly stated firm? I was holding the bike for a local business owner who owns well known reputable business. Apparently, he couldn't come up with the cash. Tried to offer me Checks, certified checks/cash combo every option under the sun. Showed up with a trailer said he had the cash and was 3k short, wanted to load the bike and said his brother would swing by with the rest. Two days earlier he said he was visiting his brother in the hospital who lost his leg. Guess he forgot about that story? I stated in my add, buyer must be present with valid Florida ID, I'm speaking with a guy from Miami saying he'll be there tomorrow, tomorrow arrives and a guy shows up with a trailer saying Hes the other guy's brother and he's picking it up for him. Wants his brothers name on the title. This is the tip of the iceberg with the horror stories. I don't know if t's the lack of integrity of people in Florida, or if it's the whole world declining. Bottom line I will take this bike to the grave, I can't sell to someone who didn't know how to mount it, dragged his shoe across my tank and never heard of a Flat-Six. The people I sadly dealt with are all flakes, or intentional crooks. My bike deserves better than that. BobMoe we have the prettiest pair of motorcycles in Florida. ;)
There are many scammers in all shapes and sizes. It's good you had the common sense to stand firm.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Long story,
I used three different advertising platforms, first one I cancelled due to "Tire Kickers" and very low-ball offers wasting my time. The second platform was the same, after paying for the third, I cancelled my add after the first caller.
My bike was listed hundreds below average market value as reported by NADA used motorcycle values and KBB used motorcycle values. I was also listed less than any of the other 5 Valkyries currently listed in my state and mine with less mileage and over 3k in accessories included for free. My price was fair and firm and stated that in my add. Why would one make stupid offers when it clearly stated firm? I was holding the bike for a local business owner who owns well known reputable business. Apparently, he couldn't come up with the cash. Tried to offer me Checks, certified checks/cash combo every option under the sun. Showed up with a trailer said he had the cash and was 3k short, wanted to load the bike and said his brother would swing by with the rest. Two days earlier he said he was visiting his brother in the hospital who lost his leg. Guess he forgot about that story? I stated in my add, buyer must be present with valid Florida ID, I'm speaking with a guy from Miami saying he'll be there tomorrow, tomorrow arrives and a guy shows up with a trailer saying Hes the other guy's brother and he's picking it up for him. Wants his brothers name on the title. This is the tip of the iceberg with the horror stories. I don't know if t's the lack of integrity of people in Florida, or if it's the whole world declining. Bottom line I will take this bike to the grave, I can't sell to someone who didn't know how to mount it, dragged his shoe across my tank and never heard of a Flat-Six. The people I sadly dealt with are all flakes, or intentional crooks. My bike deserves better than that. BobMoe we have the prettiest pair of motorcycles in Florida. ;)
Good call.... That Valk is yours forever , thats what it means , I'm so over dealing with all the fakes and scamsters... I'm gald you stood your ground and walked away from people who have 0 integrity and is out to draw blood from innocent people trying to live their lives.

·
Registered
782 Posts
And better yet, we keep Sixshooter on the forum!!

It does seem a "for sale" ad brings out the scammers, no matter what the item, but especially vehicles. One reason I haven't put my other bikes on the market is my disdain for dealing with these people. Low ballers, scammers, tire kickers and time wasters are an annoying bunch.

Nice to have you back, Doug!

Richmonder

Reactions: RRoy and Sixshooter

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for the replies. I do enjoy this motorcycle and this forum. I've never experienced anything like this before. My wife and I have sold countless vehicles, trailers, boats and motorcycles over the years. Never had a bad transaction or crappie people to deal with, even made some friends over good transactions.

·
Registered
315 Posts

Long story,
Well, if you'll forgive me, but after I read "Short story, I still have my bike." I skipped over all "the long story" rest. You already said the important part in the first sentence!! Seriously, maybe you just weren't supposed to part ways just yet, and there's a whole new riding season ahead of you! (I know, you live in Florida and I don't, but I choose not to dwell on it.)
Some of my best decisions in life weren't made by me.
:cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Selling a motorcycle is always a pain. It’s very dangerous to have some of the clowns that show up test drive the bike that they don’t own.

I was going to buy a used gold wing and the seller had the right idea. You only get on the bike if I have the money in hand and the title transferred. Basically no test drive.

·
Registered
149 Posts

Long story,
Well Its not just Florida for producing a bunch of low life lying cheating scoundrels. Virginia appears to be a hot bed for them as well. Many people seem to live like there is no future accountability for how we have lived on this earth not to mention Karma while we are here. Glad you were listening to that quite voice and kept the bike. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I bought my Valk earlier this year, it was a straight up impulse buy. Saw it and had to have it. Low miles, and I think the price was fair, so I'm happy with it, but I am glad I don't need/want to sell it because with all of the low ball prices I have seen since then I am sure I would leave 2 or 3 grand on the table. I bought mine from a guy about 30 miles from me in AZ and I was not going to shop the internet to find something in a dealer showroom on the other side of the country.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Don't let the low ballers fool you. Price a bike/vehicle fairly and it will sell. It may take several weeks, but the right person will come along.

I've repaired a couple late model salvage Miatas and H-D Softails withing the last two years. I netted little money but got a ton of satisfaction in the process. When I them posted for sale (CL, auto/cycle trader), I dealt with a handful of low ballers, tire kickers. However, within weeks, legitimate buyers found me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts