Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was on the freeway, traffic doing 100kmh (60mph). A huge box (think refrigerator size) fell off the back of a truck and completely blocked the lane next to me. A semi-trailer following the truck decided to slam on his brakes rather than run over the box. He literally locked all his tyres and came to a screeching halt. From 100kmh to a dead stop, just like that. As I continued on I looked in my rear view mirror but couldn't see what happened behind the semi due to a huge cloud of blue, burning-rubber smoke. I sure hope there wasn't a bike in there somewhere....

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Made me think of the saying: "Always be able to stop in the amount of road you can see". Like going over crests for example. People fly over them assuming what's on the other side. I prefer to treat them as 'vertical corners'.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Love the valkyrie, after 10 seconds of full throttle makes me feel like I was ridding over my head. this generation valkyrie seems so much more powerful than my 98 model. but sometimes I just cant stop myself.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Like going over crests for example. People fly over them assuming what's on the other side. I prefer to treat them as 'vertical corners'.
imagine a parachute might come in handy ? folks assume there is nothing on the other side. like maybe a goat in the road,, or? very messy, goat

·
Registered
547 Posts
speaking of flat. aren't all, most roads in Oz flat? I met a guy once from MooseJaw Saskatchewan.. that's up there in canukistan.. I asked him what it was like up there. he said it was flat. he said it was so flat that one day his dog ran away. he said it was so flat that 3 days later he could still see him running.. hey, it is canukistan. did you expect more better?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or old mate T E Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) flying over a crest on his Brough Superior only to find two boys playing on the road on the other side. Lozza left the road and the rest is history (as was he unfortunately). Still, he was a self-confessed speed nut ("it's the only thing that awakens my jaded senses") who probably deep down knew it would come to that one day. Might be one for you to check out DP?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts