Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I wanted to share my latest add-on to see what you guys thought.

I feel I can speak for alot of us in that we like some sort of wind protection but didn't particularly like honda's latest offerings (boulevard screen looks nice but is useless, tall screen works ok but looks terrible) and both are alot of $$$.

Last week, I took a ride from San Diego, CA down to Ensenada, BC-Mexico with my dad (on his harley) and got absolutely destroyed by the wind and bugs after the 4 hour trip. So the search for some wind protection began. I was searching for a long time and decided to give the Slipstreamer B-wing a try. It was $160 shipped and overall i like it alot. It is handle-bar mounted with really high quality hardware and the screen itself is also of very good quality. I did have to take the backing trim piece off of the instrument cluster but i feel it looks ok. I plan on tinting or painting the bottom 8-10 inches so you can't see the wiring or mount from the front. I also think that trim piece was contributing to the buffeting in my face due to its angle. What do you guys think, please be honest... i won't get offended. Obviously it looks awesome without a windscreen but i don't like eating bugs. Thanks!

Now i can ride 80+ with a 1/2 dome helmet comfortably with no buffeting and without feeling like my arms are going to be ripped off the bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Which part #? Like the look might have it tinted with a light to dark blue. Nice hardware, does it come with the shield?

·
Registered
66 Posts
No way to mount with the trim piece on? That's a bit of deal breaker for me. Have you seen the Secdem (?) screen looks very similar and is only a few more bucks. It has the same basic shape as well... I think thats the direction I'm going to go.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I find it less offensive aesthetically than most of the tall windshields, for sure.
I don't really like the big chunky chrome bar that took the place of the trimpiece which I did kind of like.
Tinting it like you said should take care of (hide) that issue.
I say thumbs up, looks pretty cool, but good idea to keep perfecting it.
-
CLC

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Part # is BW18. Comes with the shield and all required hardware. I agree it's not perfect and I can still put the trim piece back if I go with something else. I did see the Secdem one which I like but can't figure out how to order one here in the states. It says 42 cm which is 16" which is not quite tall enough to keep wind out of my face like the 18" one does. I can't decide if i like the look of the large atv screen off of ebay that a few people here have. I might go that route also and I'm sure that one deflects wind pretty nicely. Every now and then i wonder if I should have got an f6b when i complain about the wind but that bike is to "retired and old" for me being in my 20's... I just really like wearing a 1/2 helmet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Perhaps the trim piece can be trimmed?!?!?! All kidding aside, could the trim piece be modified by notching it to cover the mounting bar for the windshield? If so, you get one shot to get it right, so measure twice and cut once!!!! I have to say, if it wasn't for the loss of the trim piece, I like this windshield better than any I have seen so far.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd also be worried about all exposed wiring now getting soaked as well when it rains or washing the bike. That stuffs covered for a reason I don't know that it's all weather proofed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The instrument cluster has a chrome casing around it, on the blue bikes, it's black. The way that windshield mounts, only the chrome boarder of the cluster remains. The bottom half is removed for the mounting bar. I'm pretty sure this is a universal bar mount shield, so they didn't have the Valkyrie instrument cluster in mind or they would have bent the bar way out to clear, or perhaps a different design. Look,at pictures of the Valkyrie with no shield, then look at the instrument cluster. Chrome part under the instruments. Look again at the posted pictures, you will see exposed wires beneath the instruments. That's where the chrome piece goes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I noticed that you have the bar clamps slid all the way inboard. If you slide it out toward the grips a little with the cover fit?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I like the B-wing shield shape and would like to consider it for my scoot. But I too am worried about the potential problems resulting from taking off the instrument cluster lower housing.
I'd want to know if there are in options for mounting this windscreen before I 'd purchase one.
I sent an email to Slip Streamer customer service late today asking if they had any alternate mount hardware or any other solution that would move the screen forward maybe an inch or so, so there would be no interference with the cluster housing.
If and when I get a reply I will share it.
Hopefully they have a easy fix.

buzzard

·
Registered
42 Posts
Surfndad,
Great, please post as much info as possible.
Where did you purchase from?

buzzard

·
Registered
374 Posts
Got it on eBay search for Slipsreamer 18" clear B-Wing for a VTX 1300C item # 310842100687 mine came from sportbikeparts2u $150.73 free shipping coming out of Navada took about 5 days

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just dropped off my hardware to be power coated ( mat black ). Looking for someone that will tint the inside of the B-Wing but the local guy say it won't stay on so he won't do it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well tinting the B-wing is not going to work using regular window tint I'm told that the plex well gas off causing bubbles under the tint. Looking at other options.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Guys,

I got a reply back from SlipSteamer. In their brief email they simply said they do not have any additional/alternate mount hardware for the B-Wing.

So if we are going to use this windscreen on the Valkyrie in a way that allows us to keep the instrument housing in place we'll need to come up with a mod ourselves.

If anyone has a fix please share it with the group.

If you want to post pic's of the components and how they attach together ( w/assembly instructions) then maybe we can brainstorm a solution.

Thanks,

buzzard

1 - 20 of 56 Posts