Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yes, JJ, there is an answer, but it has to do with changing boots instead of bike parts. I had to buy new riding boots when I bought my Valk. My previous HD dresser with heel/toe shifter allowed me to use my dad's old combat boots. The Valk will not accommodate that toe height and I had to buy new boots for this bike. Big deal. They also look better and can be worn with dress slacks, feel better when hoofing it, and I don't look like I'm about to knock over the 7-11 I'm walking into to get a cold drink. What did I miss?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I suppose that that is an adjustment of sorts but I have wide and flat feet and I like my gore tex military boots for comfort and protection. I forget that I have them on.
I want laces on my boots. Laces work way better than slip on Wellington/Cowboy boots. Way better.
Also. I am riding a motorcycle and never have dress slacks on and don't care if my boots are pretty. I would rather adjust the shifter lever.

JJ

·
Registered
332 Posts
Since you are not satisfied with the answers you are getting on this forum, I suggest you put your energies into getting a service manual and find your own answers.

·
Registered
527 Posts
is there any adjustment i can make so i can fit my riding boots to work its a 2014 thanks
Hampson#1,
I and others have tried Knight Design lowered pegs. I have used them on three bikes, two of which were better than magic...for me. My Valkyrie1800 I had issues with my feet dragging in hard corners, that can also be attributed to my riding style and large feet. I don't believe others had the same issue as me. Everyone agrees the shifting is easier/smoother and the feet fit more comfortably reaching both rear brake and shift lever controls.
Here's a link, explore it thoroughly as there are several options in width, tread and color, all on different pages for our bikes. KD Honda GL1800 Lowered Wide Foot Pegs

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hampson#1,
I and others have tried Knight Design lowered pegs. I have used them on three bikes, two of which were better than magic...for me. My Valkyrie1800 I had issues with my feet dragging in hard corners, that can also be attributed to my riding style and large feet. I don't believe others had the same issue as me. Everyone agrees the shifting is easier/smoother and the feet fit more comfortably reaching both rear brake and shift lever controls.
Here's a link, explore it thoroughly as there are several options in width, tread and color, all on different pages for our bikes. KD Honda GL1800 Lowered Wide Foot Pegs
Thanks,Sixshooter. I have set of those pegs that I got for my ST1300. They look like they would fit BUT the side stand is in the way !

JJ

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have a set of the Knight's regular width lowering footpegs installed on my 1800 Valkyrie with no side stand interference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts