Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a new helmet (I think) and nothing seems exciting. I saw the Shark Evo series and think they are. I am thinking the GT looks pretty good. Does anyone have a Shark Evo and if so do u recommend them? If not what are some of y’all’s favorites. I’m looking for something a little different. I like tithe Icon Airflite but my local shop, who does sell them, recommended staying away from it..

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you like the 180 degree chin bar of the Shark Evo, check out the LS2 Valiant II for another option.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I’m looking for a new helmet (I think) and nothing seems exciting. I saw the Shark Evo series and think they are. I am thinking the GT looks pretty good. Does anyone have a Shark Evo and if so do u recommend them? If not what are some of y’all’s favorites. I’m looking for something a little different. I like tithe Icon Airflite but my local shop, who does sell them, recommended staying away from it..
I got back into motorcycling after a long absence about 10 years ago. At the time, I researched helmets and decided the only option for me would be a modular one. I stopped in to my local accessory dealer and looked over their inventory, and came across the Evo. It seemed to fit my needs well. I liked the convenience of the flip up chin bar and especially the drop down sun shade built in to the forehead. It was, and still is, a bit snug for me and after a long ride, my forehead gets a little sore. I've replaced the double-D buckle on the chin strap with a quick disconnect unit. Keep in mind, I'm talking about a rather old helmet, and I don't even know if they still make Evo's or if Shark is still in business, and if so, what innovations they've made since my purchase. But I've been pretty happy with mine. It's not the quietest helmet, and you have to kind of bang the chin bar into place to lock it once you put it back down. The helmet came at what I recall was a reasonable price. If you're into moto vlogging, my helmet is not the easiest to mount a GoPro on because of the shape of the chin, so you have to wrap the cam mount around to the side. Otherwise, I've been happy with mine. It fits well enough for around town riding, I love the sun shade, and the modular style is very handy.

Richmonder

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the Shark Evo (I forget which - maybe version 3...?) and I currently have the Shark Spartan. The modular was pretty solid and, when down, windproof. However, I was not always fastidious about tightening the screws, and I lost enough to render it no longer safe in my opinion. I have been unable to find screws that fit - me and a hardware store dude went through the all the screws the store had, and could not find a fit. And, unfortunately, there is no customer service to order replacement screws. If you are more attentive than me, I find it comfortable and well build. But, I just stick with the full mask now.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Upon further investigation, which I should have done before I replied earlier, I see Shark is still around and making Evo's. My dealer had indicated he wasn't sure they were still in business last time I went in. So they appear to be a tad more expensive than what I recall paying, but the technology, form and function has certainly improved since then. I can only imagine it's a much better helmet now than what I'm wearing.

Richmonder

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I am looking at the latest version which I think addressed some of the chin bar locking problems as well as a few other issues. They aren’t cheap though. I am a little concerned if there is a lack of customer service though

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the Evo and it's a great helmet. Definitely a good fitting and quiet helmet, which I enjoy. Definitely a must have. Like any other helmet, make sure you try before you buy as good fitment is key.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts